Our partner

lost my job due to insomnia,will sleep ever return?

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

lost my job due to insomnia,will sleep ever return?

Postby frozensun » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Sadly I lost my job last week due to serious insomnia I suffer for a year already.I couldn't work in rotating shifts so I lost my job.
Last psychiatrist gave me diagnosis of neurasthenia which is rare condition,I do have some symptoms of it,and I read it has correlation with insomnia and it's chronic condition.
So I became very anxious and affraid if I will ever fall asleep without meds,and when I take meds besides antipsychotics I always wake up between 2-3 a.m.
I tried them all 25 mg of seroquel,25 mg of amytripline,trazodone 75-100 mg,olanzapine 2.5-10 mg,remeron 7.5-15 mg,100 mg gabapentin.
they all give me very bad side effects tomorrow like drowsiness,sleepiness,bad hangover, etc and it's hard to function normal and live normal life.
I currently take nitrazepam 5 mg just but I know I will hit tolerance soon.
I take 20 mg of lexapro in the morning.
I really don't want to spend rest of my life taking antipsychotics for insomnia,I'm just 35.
I just want to know if sleep will ever return and I'm so affraid it will not,because a year has passed.
frozensun
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: lost my job due to insomnia,will sleep ever return?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Have you tried one drug called Doxepin? I'm only just beginning to try it and so far so good. It's only been 4 days. I was trying Seroquel 50 and 100mg. Those two dosages worked well, except that I slept far too long and was left feeling very tired when I woke up. I've also tried one called Rozerem which is more on the sort of "natural side." It is compared to Melatonin but it's considered 10x stronger. That last one was inconsistent for me. Then again, everyone reacts differently to different drugs. I have tried Ambien, Lunesta, Seroquel, melatonin, Rozerem, and now am trying Doxepin. Sleep is such a luxury. Those who have this are very fortunate.

I'm so sorry you lost your job to insomnia. I hope you do sleep again. Even with the help of a sleeping aid/pill, like I do.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 am
Blog: View Blog (141)

Postby frozensun » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 am

My symptoms of insomnia are becoming worse.Again woke up around 2 a.m.
In past 7 days I went from seroquel 25 mg (which I took 7 days) and had bad side effects,to promazine,which didn't help with sleep at all,to ambien 10 mg which I took last night and slept only 3 hours.
I've become suicidal because I can not stand this insomnia thing anymore.I'm nervous,like drunk now,I'm slow and I wish I could sleep over day but I can not.
My psychiatrist is not concerned about my insomnia,rather that my other conditions and thats why I've been sent to group therapy if there is a way to help myself.
He excluded all my meds except lexapro.
What can I do anymore?Is there a chance sleep will come?
I'm not sure about it at all.
frozensun
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby frozensun » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Sadly,I can not find doxepin here.
If it's strong as H2 antagonisdt it wouldn't help me because I'd feel drowsy over day.
frozensun
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:51 am

frozensun wrote:Sadly,I can not find doxepin here.
If it's strong as H2 antagonisdt it wouldn't help me because I'd feel drowsy over day.

I don't have an answer to your question. Gosh, I feel so bad for you. There are a list of meds that help people sleep, I would think your doctor would continue searching for one. Do you let the doctor know that each different medicine isn't working? I have bipolar and if I don't sleep, I can go through an episode of mania or depression. Within about 2 months with terrible sleep patterns, I went through 2 manic episodes. I've tried Ambien, Lunesta, Seroquel (this one worked but left me very groggy throughout the day), melatonin, Rozerem, and Doxepin. Doxepin works but does leave me tired in the morning. However, it lets me sleep 7-8 hours a night. I'm to the point that I'm afraid to try other medicines because of the fear of them not working or me not liking the side effects.

When I have lots of worry on my mind, I can't sleep even with sleeping pills. I am anxious and can't get my mind to stop thinking in circles.

Just some information, I took up to 100mg of Seroquel because 25mg nor 50mg were enough to help me sleep. It's just an example of how much I had to take in order for it to be effective.

I hope you get some relief soon. Keep us updated.

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby frozensun » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:01 am

2 nights in a row,zero sleep.I'm starting to become crazy,yesterday I put salt in my coffe instead of sugar,I'm loosing objects like my cellphone,and concentration is 0.
I took zyprexa on the evenings thursday/friday and friday/saturday 2.5 mg gave me 4 hours of sleep,exactly 4 hours.
and felt drunk,and drowsy over day.With 5 mg I sleep good,but feel very drowsy over day.
I've become drug addict.
The weather was terrible so I spent 3 days at home in front of computer,which I know is not good,so don't know If that would be the cause.
Then I took on saturday/sunday 10 mg of nitrazepam and last night,zero sleep.Did I hit tolerance so soon?
I really don't know what is happening to me.
Is it smart to do hormones,serotonin,norepineprine,and adrenaline in blood?What would I get/know?
I really can not stand this anymore,this insomnia is making me nuts.I have worse headache these 2 days,suprinsigly I never gor headache before.
frozensun
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Oliveira » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:04 am

Hi,

how much coffee and at what times do you drink?
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:55 am

Postby frozensun » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:47 am

half of cup,at 8-9 a.m. not every day.and it's nescafee not real coffee
frozensun
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:32 pm

My psychiatrist is not concerned about my insomnia,rather that my other conditions and thats why I've been sent to group therapy if there is a way to help myself.
He excluded all my meds except lexapro.
What can I do anymore?Is there a chance sleep will come?
I'm not sure about it at all.

Maybe it's time to consider the option of finding another psychiatrist since this one isn't taking care of you.

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad, keep up updated on how you're doing.

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby frozensun » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:11 am

Quiet I've changed like 10 psychiatrist,and they really don't know whats the reason for my insomnia.
I sleep less and less and insomnia kills me.
I'm taking 10 mg of nitrazepam but it gives me only 4 hours of sleep.And obviously is not solution to take it anymore because it doesn't make me stay asleep.
2.5 mg of olanzapine same too,4 hours no matter when I go to bed I wake up after 4 hours.
5 mg of olanzapine gives mer good sleep but I feel very much sedated overday.
Is it possible to have feeling like in "brainfog" from lack of sleep?
I don't know what to do and how to help myself.
frozensun
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Next

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post