Our partner

EMF radiation can cause poor sleep

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Oliveira

EMF radiation can cause poor sleep

Postby therooster » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:44 pm

I've suffered from insomnia for a long time, probably about 12 years. (is that long, I don't know???) Due to lost income in the household that took place 6 months ago, things becamse harder for me and restlessness and lack of sleep really started to take their toll on me. I decided to do some research because until recently, I've been rather apathetic about insomnia. I found information regarding EMF radiation and how few people are aware of its existance, nor how profound it can be on health, especially sleep !

Well one thing led to another and I ended up going to a health seminar on EMF radiation. I was amazed on how widespread the issue is and how little people are aware (or made aware). The EMF health threat seems to be much like the tobacco threat 40 years ago. Nobody really knew much.

The education I got from the seminar and a tip I got from another participant led me to find a plug-in device that removes right up to 85% of the EMF in the home. I had it professionally measured and I was truly beside myself when the reading was shown to me. Apparently my house is pretty average ! That was the shocking part. Once the "gizmo" was plugged into an ordinary A.C. outlet in my house, the meter reading on the EMF measuring device plummeted like a rock, right from 1328 units to 85 units ! That's over 93% ! I bought the thing right on the spot. I'm sleeping great ! This thing is a miracle !

Here's the kicker. Although the gizmo gets rid of the EMF radiation (also known as dirty electricity) it's not really marketed that way. It's designed and marketed to conserve wasteful electricity due to surging and thus it reduces your monthly cost. It's done that too. That was the big bonus !
therooster
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby therooster » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:37 pm

A compelling vide clip on EMF and the effects on health. For me, removal of EMF has led to restful sleep, I assure you.

http://www.electricalpollution.com/Beyo ... dence.html
therooster
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Re: EMF radiation can cause poor sleep

Postby tammyp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:05 am

Hi!
I'm so glad you posted this....
I just moved into my new place and am already having trouble sleeping.
I was wondering/hoping you could provide me with the name of this miracle object you use which helps
dissipate the evil emf!
I am also curious which device you use to measure it and where to take this course!
Thank you so much,
Tammy
tammyp
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Balderdash! EMF radiation cancellation

Postby GaryM » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:18 pm

I was hesitant to reply at first because the original person had found a way to get to sleep. However, I see it was posted in 2007. The EMF cancellation devices were debunked years ago. I am an electronics engineer, and I can tell you EMF cancellation does not work. I design products which have to meet EMF emission standards. New products are not permitted to interfere with existing radio, TV, mobile phone, or GPS signals. It can be very difficult to meet the very stringent standards, and active cancellation does not work at any cost. A cheap household appliance can't possibly work. On the other hand, the level of EMF people are exposed to is very small unless you live UNDER an high voltage transmission line. The power lines in the walls are closely spaced, and the EMF is mostly between the wires.

Can EMF hurt people? Yes, a microwave oven is a BIG EMF generator that is tuned to the resonant frequency of water. Anything with enough energy to boil water will hurt you. The field does not get out of the oven to hurt you because it is a conductive box. Even the glass window is a conductor. Microwave ovens are exceptionally safe devices.

What happens at low EMF levels that don't cause burns? The existing research shows no definitive harm, but they are looking for things like cancer, not insomnia. How can you get away from it? Climb into a metal box. Shielding the only effective method. Keep in mind this is only effective for electric fields and does not shield against magnetic fields. Magnetic shielding is very tricky business, but there are materials such as ferrite that can bend the flux lines away from an enclosed area. You just can't throw this together and expect it to work. There is a lot of mathematics to field theory and quite a bit of art required to make an EMF shield work. An aluminum foil hat is not going to work.

When I test my equipment, I take it to a company that rents a shielded room with measurement equipment. The room cost $1.000.000 to build.

I am very happy to hear someone was able to sleep with the reassurance from some device even if it just a placebo effect. However, I can't tolerate people wasting their good money on EMF cancellation devices that do not perform as advertised.

GaryM
GaryM
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post