Our partner

No friends...

Hope, Healing and Coping.

No friends...

Postby Captain Karma » Tue May 06, 2014 8:41 am

Hello ,

I have no friends and find it hard to assimilate with society. I am not under any stress to go out a look for some , as I have very high standards ( or rather the standards in society are below par). I like being alone. But it can be difficult when it comes to your job. I do have a very pessimistic outlook on life. I don't think things are getting any better in the world despite economic progress ( given the resulting environmental pollution , societal degeneration ...etc )). All this has now been exacerbated with the fact that I have my 2 little daughters. How does one possibly explain to them the "meaning of life" when its looking rather bleak ?

I guess I have written this post to see if there are like minded individuals out there I could possibly hook up with or rather console. We are few and far between.

Anyway this is it for now.

br, Cap'n
Captain Karma
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: No friends...

Postby beavislynch » Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 am

Hi Captain,

I may be a likeminded individual. I too have no friends, which I've been comfortable with for most of my life by now it's starting to eat away at me.

I'd start by saying I'm an avid reader, Percy Bysshe Shelley and Oscar Wilde are my favourite poets, and Evelyn Waugh my favourite novelist.

I suppose I read to delude myself into thinking I'm in another world, or that being a pariah is something rather romantic.

Feel free to message me if you'd ever like to talk, I can recommend some great books or films if that's your preference.

Beavis.
beavislynch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 pm

Postby Distant Angel » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Captain Karma wrote:Hello ,

I have no friends and find it hard to assimilate with society. I am not under any stress to go out a look for some , as I have very high standards ( or rather the standards in society are below par). I like being alone. But it can be difficult when it comes to your job. I do have a very pessimistic outlook on life. I don't think things are getting any better in the world despite economic progress ( given the resulting environmental pollution , societal degeneration ...etc )). All this has now been exacerbated with the fact that I have my 2 little daughters. How does one possibly explain to them the "meaning of life" when its looking rather bleak ?

I guess I have written this post to see if there are like minded individuals out there I could possibly hook up with or rather console. We are few and far between.

Anyway this is it for now.

br, Cap'n

Cap'n,

Reading your words I find a lot of negative thoughts and beliefs. The fact you think society is beneath you are the reason you have no friends. I think everyone has value, and it is easy to make new friends and keep the ones I love already. Your subconscious is being programmed to think of everything in a baige and negative way, while I try to think of life in a bright and positive way. With your current way of thinking, you are bound to never have any friends for the rest of your life.

The amazing thing though, is you can change your life around very simply! I bet you often think about what you don't have and your failures. Switch this to think about all you do have and all your successes! This will change your life immediately and forever. Always be thinking about the positives and that energy will take over everything! :)
"Strength and Honor"-Gladiator
Distant Angel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Postby Blackfrost » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Stick with your daughters. Eventually they'll meet other kids. Perhaps you'll find a chance to befriend one of these kid's parents.
Fate - forms a complex kaleidoscope.
Blackfrost
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am

Postby ashc » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 pm

*mod edit*
Last edited by Otter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep your post helpful and/or constructive.
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

Postby metta4life » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:01 am

Captain Karma,

I am so glad to hear that you have two little girls in your life. There smiles must brighten your day, even just a little. There is nothing more precious than the exuberance and joy and enthusiasm that children have. Perhaps you should learn from them, they are great teachers.

Because your name is karma I think you might find it interesting to take a day trip to a Buddhist or Hindu temple and attend a meditation class with your girls. You might be lucky enough to meet others like you, other souls looking for a chance to share whats on there mind in a space that takes the mind very seriously.

Your karma can always be transformed and your mind cultivated Captain Karma. Your name says it best. You are the captain of your own karma; find ways of transforming the energy inside you. There's a little innocent being waiting for you to befriended. You can transform your pessims.

Watch silly youtube videos of children laughing or baby animals or pranks. It'll cheer you up.
metta4life
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

Postby angelinbluejeans » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Things do look rather bleak the way this world is heading. And you want so much more for your daughters...right? As for the meaning of life, it actually is to have a relationship with God. And to know that in the future, we can experience in full God’s original purpose for us when he eliminates wickedness and suffering and grants everlasting life to his friends, those who worship him in a way that he approves...but accurate knowledge is crucial,,,
'do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do it' "To love well is the task in all meaningful relationships, not just romantic ones"
angelinbluejeans
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Postby angelinbluejeans » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Alright.....I've got a question for you: what if the one true friend that you had....you abandoned?
'do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do it' "To love well is the task in all meaningful relationships, not just romantic ones"
angelinbluejeans
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Return to Hope

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post