Our partner

The Statistics-Do You Believe Them?

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: The Statistics-Do You Believe Them?

Postby OneLiner » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:16 pm

santa fe wrote:I'm simply saying that PDs are relatively stable throughout life

I guess that is where we disagree. I think it gets worse as time goes on, unless there is some self-awareness that comes in, usually though something hurtful.
I desired love and fellowship, and I was still spurned. Was there no injustice in this? Am I to be thought the only criminal, when all humankind sinned against me?
OneLiner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby santa fe » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:19 pm

OneLiner wrote:

I guess that is where we disagree. I think it gets worse as time goes on, unless there is some self-awareness that comes in, usually though something hurtful.

There is a significant amount of research that suggests that mental illnesses, including PDs, tend to moderate with age. I don't have a strong opinion––just my impression is based on articles I've read and two cluster b women I've known.

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/content/42/21/17.full
santa fe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am

Postby OneLiner » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:27 pm

santa fe wrote:
OneLiner wrote:

There is a significant amount of research that suggests that mental illnesses, including PDs, tend to moderate with age. I don't have a strong opinion––just my impression is based on articles I've read and two cluster b women I've known.

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/content/42/21/17.full

But they were self-aware, right? Some learn to act better if they are not reinforced. But if someone is building career or his life on some disordered behavior, I doubt they will get better, although everything is possible.
I desired love and fellowship, and I was still spurned. Was there no injustice in this? Am I to be thought the only criminal, when all humankind sinned against me?
OneLiner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am

Postby JoseMaria » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 am

2% of histrionics !?
Where are they??
I've never seen such a strange person except my recent ex
And I do not think I'll ever find one again
Thinking they are very flashy