Our partner

Histrionic Emotional Amnesia

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Histrionic Emotional Amnesia

Postby Lusid » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:00 am

I don't have HPD, but have some similar traits. When it comes to other people my emotional memory seems to span like a few weeks or so.. like after a few weeks, I'll have forgotten how someone made me feel. I know if they made me feel good or not, but the specifics are gone.

probably says something about how genuine my feelings were to start with.
Strong ASPD traits with NPD/BPD undertones. Sadist, addict, diagnosed PTSD.
Lusid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Histrionic Emotional Amnesia

Postby troublebruin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:55 pm

Really cool to better understand this stuff!! :D
troublebruin
Consumer 2
Consumer 2