Our partner

How do HPD women generally behave/react towards other women

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

How do HPD women generally behave/react towards other women

Postby jana_31 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:22 am

I've had a few days to really think over the conversation my friend's ex and I had. The more I think about it, the stranger it feels. She was very sweet and flattering to me (in between the times where she would tell me how little my friend cared about me, how he was obsessed with her). She called me her "friend" almost right away, and while she was trying to sound like she was relating to me, it was more of her building herself up to me, telling me how strong she is/has become and acting almost like she was trying to mother me, or maybe be that bit of wisdom that I needed to hear? There was definite one-upmanship going on though. I was feeling pretty numb from the other things she was saying though, and I didn't really respond when she did it.

Here's the thing: something about the whole conversation seemed so fake, even though it was so "sweet" and "caring". I don't know now if I only saw it because I knew ahead of time that she was HPD/NPD or if that's the way other people would feel around her too.

So how do HPDs normally act around women then? Are they super sweet? Competitive? I know that this woman has friends (women) who say what a good heart she has, and that she's very giving and warm. I tried to explain the strangeness of our conversation to another friend, one of our mutual friends, and I don't think she understood at all. She said it sounded like I was "guarding my heart" and that this other woman probably was too. I dropped the conversation because I already felt badly about our mutual friend being stuck in the middle of this mess, but she honestly didn't understand what I was talking about.
jana_31
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do HPD women generally behave/react towards other women

Postby A little Wisernow » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:54 am

Mine acted sweet to everyone............

But she would take their husbands in a second............

or their house.........esp. if it was nice..............

they love everyone that they can use or control............
A little Wisernow
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 am

Postby compton » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 am

So true, Wiser.
When I first met mine, she told me how she had broken up with her best gal pal because the latter was "disturbed" enough to accuse her of trying to seduce her husband. How ridiculous, I said sympathetically.
I soon found out she was indeed that kind of woman.

There is a special HPD female theatrical way of talking to other women, I think.

For my HPD ex, who is white, it is speaking with a kind of faux-African-American joviality, "Girl! Mm-MM! You are looking HOT tonight!" That kind of thing. I would listen to her call girlfriends who were trying to talk about their lives in a normal tone of voice, substance-oriented, and mine was responding in a very fake-seeming emotional way to everything -- basically giving the verbal equivalent of a drum-and-cymbal crash after the other person's statements, instead of actually asking a follow-up question or engaging in a real conversation.

Very fake.

The volume too: the HPD is always talking a few notches above everyone else.
compton
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby uncleabe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:37 am

My ex has women who do consider her a friend, however, she called them "people you know" to me

so basically she sees them as people to occupy her time, when she moves she will drop them all.

in the whole time we were involved she dropped all her friends from the place she moved from, never kept in touch with any of them, hardly kept in touch with her "best friends", never kept in touch with people she lived with despite being friends with them as well

looking back she just moves on from any friends quite quickly
uncleabe
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby koos12 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 am

My HPD ex-wife shut off all of her friends when we got married and moved 3 hrs from where she was originally from. She hardly ever called her mom and dad. Now after leaving she went back to the same friends and is now living on the other side of her father's duplex home. She just uses people for her needs. The friends that she made in the 3 years she lived with me she just left behind without a call. My friends wives always say I wonder why she doesn't call us, I thought that we were friends. They don't really bond to people. That's why it's so easy to walk away. She walked away from me without a tear. Although her children bonded with me, she tore them away. She had no empathy for them. Her needs are above all other's needs.
koos12
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Rhodes » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:06 am

My ex either loved or hated other women. As compton touched on: over-emphasized everying ("I totally LOVE her!!!!!") to the point of fakeness. Behind the scenes, she'd talk $#%^ on the closest female friends she had, call women (in general) 'evil' etc

I noticed that she didn't have a single girl friend who was better looking than her. Go figure.
Rhodes
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Andrea621 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm female, and the HPD I knew started off very friendly and warm, all hugs and smiles although I found out later through people that knew her that she "never liked me". I just thought she was a bit over the top, a little eccentric and charming.I did get some feelings/vibes that there was something sneaky underneath all that over the top friendliness. I would make sure to never be alone with her, I always had other friends around as a buffer. It was just uncomfortable.

After a while, she started making wierd accusations to others about me (I was 'anorexic', I was 'stealing drinks' from the bar, ect..)and it seemed like she was trying to start a fight with me. I ignored this, and it calmed down for a bit, but then it started up again.

Later on, I found out that she does this with all women she knows, especially if they are getting attention or are good looking. She always had to be fighting with some female, and when she wasnt doing that she was slandering them behind their backs. Females are perceived as a threat to her attention supply/attractiveness. And, of course, she was overly nice to all the men, all the time, swinging her Double D breast implants practically in their faces and flashing crotch under her mini skirts. This woman is 46 years old, btw.

Basically other women = less attention for the HPD=she must get rid of /slander them. HPD have to be the star of the show at all times, and basically it turns into a competition for attention. She has even gone as far as to have the Owner kick people out of the bar where she works, on a whim, over an argument that she would start over nothing. Usually females, but sometimes males that had no interest in her and didnt give her the responses and attention she was looking for. Her projection was in high gear, all the other women were "jealous" of her, ect.....whatever.
Andrea621
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am

Postby asphyx » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Everyone is disposable to a HPD, especially female friends. I think that even though a HPD may seem to be so friendly and nice to their 'friends', they deep-down hate them and resent them... UNLESS they are ugly and/or very shy, because that means they aren't competition and aren't a threat to her attention-seeking ways. HPDs only keep same-sex friends if it benefits them in some way.

The HPD I know would make friends with attractive women for some reason, but they all were kept at a distance, and eventually discarded for whatever reason. At first they would be 'best friends forever' then when she felt she had no more use for them, would start a fight and stop talking to them. Then if she 'needed' the friend back in the future for whatever selfish reason, she would simply manipulate them back into friendship with some nice words and friendly gestures.
asphyx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 pm

Postby okherewego » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:38 pm

HPD's usually get no respect from other women because the HPD wants to conquer thier husband, boyfriend or re-conquer thier ex boyfriend or ex-husband or generaly wreck havoc on any new relationships their ex's formed. Unavailable men, are an HPD's biggest troghy. Divide and conquer. If another woman is in the way of that, they will munipulate that woman to get her man or be secretive and steal her man from behind her back.

Other women do not like women that flirt overtly with thier man and are threat to thier relationship. It is not a good way to make friends or keep friends! lol Most men are blinded by it, but most women aren't. We think with our $#$@'s!
okherewego
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am

Postby jana_31 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:43 pm

From what my friend has told me, this woman has a few pretty close friends but she considers them "family". When we spoke she told me about how much all of her friends hated my friend, as they saw how "crazy" he was. I saw one of these friends once, and she was definitely unattractive.

They were married for 9 years and have 3 children. I guess during most of the marriage she would bring other people (2 teenage girls and a few live-in nannies) into the house to watch the kids. She took the two girls in as kind of their "mentor" from what I've been told. These girls were both from rougher backgrounds and they were also both not very attractive. During this time, she would act just like them, dress like them (she's 37) and confide in them with details of her marriage. One time she was trying to seduce one of her son's teachers and she wrote him a letter, which he gave back to her with the pricipal as a witness. For some strange reason she kept the letter and gave it to one of these teenage girls for safekeeping so my friend wouldn't find out. This girl ended up giving the letter to my friend after the HPD scammed her out of almost $2000. As far as I'm aware, this woman is still friends with the other teenage girl. She goes to our church (the girl) and my friend has said that she reports back to the HPD what she sees.

Her friends say that she's so nice though, and one mutual friend in particular says that although she "lies a lot", she's trying her best and can't help it because that's how she was raised.

Is it possible that she really wants to make these close connections with women? People have described her as "generous", with a big heart.
jana_31
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post