Our partner

HPD girlfriend and lies.

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: masquerade, xdude

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: HPD girlfriend and lies.

Postby damnifyoudo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 am

This sounds very much like a girl that I just broke up with. Ask her questions, does she or has she moved from job to job?, was she basically in a relationship when she met you?, has she or is she moving in with you because you want her too or because it would be best for her. Does she ever ask you how your day was and genuinely listens and asks more questions or does she cut you short and talks about all the drama of her day? Her last boyfriend does she still talk to him or did she talk to him till you had to ask her to stop? Trust me she didn't stop she just doesn't have his name in the phone and memorized his phone number. She talks to him when she is away from you and probably still sees him and others. Her stories are to make you feel sorry for her and to comfort her taking your emotions and pulling them all to her. This is the first stage of trapping your heart and making it hers. When you are out is it very important that she is the prettiest most desirable girl in the place and if she isn't feels very uncomfortable? The part about the rape, if she is hpd is just a way of feeling less guilty herself for having sex with this guy/guys. The part about the teacher is probably true but it necessarily was her getting the attention of the teacher cause he was spending time with another student. If a lot of this you can answer yes to then be very careful in the days ahead. If you think she is being unfaithful, lying, manipulative she is believe your gut. I would imagine the sex is great and she is beautiful, that is why it is so hard for you to believe your gut. I bet in the past you would have known and taken the proper actions.
Good luck
damnifyoudo
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby tailspin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Is it pretty common for the HPD girlfriend to move in quickly and press for marriage? My gf moved from LA to NY after we met, so moving in seemed like the right thing to do, but I could not believe how quickly she pressed for marriage. Since I had just been recently engaged, there was no way I was going to do that, but I found it really strange. It's like I was on a time clock. Needless to say, she bolted on me after 8 months and moved back to LA. Just came home one day and she was already at the airport. Granted we had been talking about the possibility of her spending more time in LA to allow me to fully move on from my last relationship, but the drama of leaving in the middle of the day was a bit crazy to me.
tailspin
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Postby Bam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 am

tailspin wrote:Is it pretty common for the HPD girlfriend to move in quickly and press for marriage? My gf moved from LA to NY after we met, so moving in seemed like the right thing to do, but I could not believe how quickly she pressed for marriage. Since I had just been recently engaged, there was no way I was going to do that, but I found it really strange.

My MALE ex had subtly manipulated me into offering him to move into my place after about only one month of seeing each other then was pressing (constantly) for marriage a few short weeks after that. Considering he had already been married 3 times you would think (lol) that he would want to take it slow! :lol:
Bam
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Postby compton » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 am

I have to confirm that my experience was similar. Within months of meeting, I was asked if I marry her. She genuinely seems to believe that marriage is what she needs.
I think marriage probably drives HPD's crazy, because on the one hand, it's the big prize, the proof that they've finally got all of the target's attention. Ergo they want it. Bad.
On the other hand, they immediately feel trapped and smothered by marriage, and cheat like mad.

In an HPD's ideal world, they would just have multiple spouses, going around the country adding one after the other.

For the record, mine also claimed to have been raped. But this was usually brought up to deflect my accusations of infidelity. "I don't sleep around. I was raped at 17! So it's very hard for me to get close to anyone..."
compton
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Previous

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post