Well...I am still trying to recover over 2 years on, but here goes:
- Stop all contact with her (telephone, email, IM, lunch, dinner etc...)
- Don't try to find logic in what happened (there isn't any...)
- Don't be angry with yourself if you lost it with her (him) once in a while, like a spoilt child they deliberately test your limits
- Any accusations towards you of paranoia were probably true (lol), but justified
...! If she gets to you on that one again just reply "a little paranoia never harmed anyone"
- Write down all the absurd things that happened during the relationship, and bring out the list the days you have doubts or she trys to seduce you into going back to the relationship
- Never, but never ever, go back to the relationship, its spiral down. What ever happend before will happen again, more intense, more dramatic until you are emotionally destroyed
- Keep busy, and get out with friends
- If you have a passion in life like playing guitar, playing football, working out etc, turn to it (sublimation) on off days
- Keep looking over your shoulder in order to protect yourself, they never completely let go and often pop up when you least expect it.
- Most important of all; be and look totally happy (the best counter attack of all, the proof that they did not manage to destroy you because you are too strong, self strength being the characteristic they crave the, most but just don't have...boo hoo!!).