Our partner

FIVE YEARS RELATIONSHIP WITH A HISTRIONIC HOW YOU GET IT?

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

FIVE YEARS RELATIONSHIP WITH A HISTRIONIC HOW YOU GET IT?

Postby JoseMaria » Wed May 17, 2017 1:12 am

They all say that it is impossible to have a long-term relationship with a histrionic, but here I read many cases of more than 5 years with one, which for today's standards is really enough. How did they achieve it? They had to give up a lot of boundaries or it really is not that hard and here we are only the ones who do not manage to have a histrionic relationship.
JoseMaria
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: FIVE YEARS RELATIONSHIP WITH A HISTRIONIC HOW YOU GET IT?

Postby VeritasCE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:23 am

Answer would be of great interest. What about a lifetime with an HPD?
VeritasCE
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:50 am

Postby xdude » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:10 pm

It's possible, even likely, that whatever you read here is skewed. People tend to come to sites like this because it's not working. For those whose relationship works, we are less likely to read about that.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:50 pm

Postby histrionicsgetlit » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 am

I became aware of my histrionic over half a year ago and entered a relationship.

If i were an onion, i have effectively had to peel back all my (ego) defences to let my boyfriend in and show him who i really am. I feel that i am intrinsically connected to him and i want to have a future with him so badly that i am happy to change the negative or unhealthy sides of myself. I don't think this is much different to if a smoker fell in love with a non-smoker. The smoker would realise they have to quit and most people don't 'just quit'. They find ways and new thinking patterns to change themselves and move away from the need to smoke.

My boyfriend is ######6 rocking but also he has strong obsessive compulsive personality traits. He doesn't have the disorder or anything like that at all. I think the fact that we easily mesh together has helped a lot. Another thing is that he doesn't pay me too much attention. Sometimes he is so heavily focused on what he is doing that he is ignoring my attention seeking and this has made my attention seeking settle down a lot and make me more happy just being chill.

The other thing i would say is good is that boyfriend doesn't really drink often which is great for me as after 3 drinks i've got the histrionic show off mode coming back on. When i am sober i am very normal now but i have been going hardcore on personal growth, taking responsibility for every action in my life and going to counselling with 100% honesty.

Good things to do in the relationship with a histrionic are be creative about recovery. I have been learning to accept criticism without it going badly so now boyfriend holds my hand or hugs me while telling me things.

Be careful if your partner is sexually repressed. It means you won't be having sex with the real them. For me i was either in child mode giggling and covering my face when i orgasmed or i was in histrionic turbo slut acting out best ###$ in the world mode. Neither of these modes are healthy.

Good luck!!!!
histrionicsgetlit
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 am

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post