Our partner

1001 Favorite HPD quotes...

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Postby santa fe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 pm

I recently discovered the term "gaslighting" and did a bit of reading. What an eye-opener. She worked so hard at getting me to quit trying to reconcile her words and actions, to doubt my own judgement, intuition and cognitive ability. She used blatant lies, subtle persuasion, my predisposition think the best and give her the benefit of the doubt to present a false reality and get me to buy into it. She creates a separate illusion, custom tailored, to each of her object attachments.

"You just need to take whatever I say at face value and believe that it's true. I don't play games."

"You have a way of clinging to what you want to believe a person feels and then of course things don't make sense if they really don't feel the way you believe."

"You have an odd way of turning things around so you can hang onto what you want to believe."
santa fe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby donlimpio » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:58 am

Her clumsy ways to 'tell the truth and lie at the same time', when confronted with her cheating:

me : "Tell me you didn't have sex with him"
she: "Come on, you know I didn't tell you I had sex with him"
me : "I know you DIDN't tell me you DID have sex with him, but I wish you DID tell me that you DIDN't have sex with him"
she: "Are you deaf or what? I DIDN'T say I had DID have sex with him"
me : "Listen, I know you DIDN'T... Oh well, never mind!"

And on another occasion:
me : "You slept with him!"
she: "Listen, I told you already that I DID NOT sleep with him"
me : "Yes, before you slept with him. But now you went and did it anyhow!"
she: "Listen, when I told you that I hadn't slept with him I was telling you the truth. It's your problem if you don't believe me"
me : "So you're saying you DID NOT sleep with him EVER?"
she: "I'm saying that when I said that I hadn't slept with him, I hadn't slept with him"
me : "But that was six weeks ago. I'm asking if you... Aaaaagh. Never mind!"

Ever saw that part in Shrek 2 or 3 where Pinnochio's using insane lawyer-confusion-speak to NOT tell Prince Charming where Shrek is? Well, I lived that moment a couple of times! The worst part is they turn it around on you, and make you feel like a distrusting person that's playing word-games.

My god. What madness I was in!
Democracy is 3 wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner
donlimpio
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 am

Postby mindful » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:06 pm

from my npd student /'friend' -

"You're so afraid of just being used that you don't even want to be useful!"
mindful
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:17 am

Re: 1001 Favorite HPD quotes...

Postby madsad » Wed May 19, 2010 1:37 pm

- This is epic love
-Is that the best sex you ever had?
-Do you parents love me?
-Call your mom and ask her ( 1am after the first time she met my parents)
-Does your brother love me?
-Does ------ ( any of my friends) love me?
- Do they love me more than your ex?
-I am waiting to have sex with you because I know you are the last man I will ever have sex with once I do it
-My friends think we are the most perfect couple ever
-I am sick
-I want it NOW
-Why hasnt my tutor replied to me ( 12 minutes after she sent the email)
-I think he doesnt like me anymore (19 minutes after she sent the email)
-I dont know what I have done to him, do you think he is mad with me? (24 minutes after she sent the email)
-I am the best friend to my friends
-I end it because you became mean to me (my complaining about her lack of gratitude)
-I end it because I need to be alone and independant
-I ended it because you broke the fairytale
-My mom said...
madsad
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Butchannon » Wed May 19, 2010 2:23 pm

When I have been suspicious that she was cheating on me and that she dating via Messenger I decided to create a new nickname on Messenger and add her as contact. Then I asked her to go on a drink and if she had a boyfriend. She said that she would go on a drink and that she didn't have a boyfriend. After that I called her immediately on her cell and when I confronted her she said:

"I knew it was you and that's why I said I would go on a drink"
Me: "But if you knew it was me you should have said that you wouldn't go on a drink, shouldn't you?"
She: "But I knew it was you..."
Me: "Ahhh, forget it, ok?"
Butchannon
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:17 am

Postby nomoredreams_reality » Sat May 22, 2010 7:53 pm

-I'm asshole, don't trust me.
I'm good guy why you ignore me. I didn't do anything bad at you.
-I like you, I have all the time fantasies with you.
Please watch the movie HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU to understand that I don't like you.
(After one hour) I can't stand not meeting you, you're so beautiful.
-I'm very liberal, I hate your way of thinking.
nomoredreams_reality
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby newtohpd » Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 pm

When I have been suspicious that she was cheating on me and that she dating via Messenger I decided to create a new nickname on Messenger and add her as contact. Then I asked her to go on a drink and if she had a boyfriend. She said that she would go on a drink and that she didn't have a boyfriend. After that I called her immediately on her cell and when I confronted her she said:

"I knew it was you and that's why I said I would go on a drink"
Me: "But if you knew it was me you should have said that you wouldn't go on a drink, shouldn't you?"
She: "But I knew it was you..."
Me: "Ahhh, forget it, ok?"

Once, when we had a disagreement, the next morning I was at work and she at home, my HPD did this to me. She created a new nickname for a girl and then tried to chat up with me. Obviously, I didn't know the person and hence replied in a detached mode and then ignored this person.

A few days later, while in a good mood, my HPD asked me if I knew who such a person was. When I replied that it was weird and that some girl tried chatting up with me, she replied that it was she who did that with a new username. I was surprised for a moment, and then when I asked her if she was checking up on me, she replied, "No, I was having ego problems with you after our disagreement, and still wanted to talk to you since I missed you. So I created a new username and chatted with you".

:D Wow that was convincing.
newtohpd
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:47 pm

Postby Bam » Tue May 25, 2010 4:54 pm

nomoredreams_reality wrote:-I'm asshole, don't trust me.
I'm good guy why you ignore me. I didn't do anything bad at you.
-I like you, I have all the time fantasies with you.

I'll 2nd those quotes and add;
-'maybe I'm just f@#ked up'
-'you've made up your mind, there's nothing I can do about it'
-'so you'll take her word over mine then?'
-'you already think I lie so no matter what I say I can never win'
-'this kills me but this IS GOODBYE' (followed by texts asking why no reply)
-'I've told her she cant compete with you, I cant help what she says/writes'
-'you just dont get it, do you? You are my world'
-'sorry, I cant make it for dinner, I got hit in the head by a truck'
-'sorry I cant make it, I just got told I have to do a double shift'
-'worker dropped again, another double shift'
-'I've got a migraine'
-'I just dont know why I love you so much'
-'my 2 ex wives cheated on me then kicked me out...I was the victim, I did nothing wrong'
-'I look in the mirror and aske myself why is it that I love you so much?'
-'I'm babysitting for a friend'-'oops, I was spending time with my daughter'
-'I cant come, I have to clean the shower'
-'what silky nighty? It's not there now...Ive never seen it and I dont know what you're talking about'
-'I just can't work out what's happened to us, what went wrong?'
-'Ive been up all night wondering if you're alright'
-'just tell me if you've found someone else'
-'sorry I hung up then didnt answer your call, I fell asleep'
-'So I lose, Ive lost a partner and a friend'
-'fine, I just wont let anybody at all come to visit me and I'll live alone and lonely and have no friends'
-'that hair on the pillow must have gotten there from the clothes dryer I used to wash the sheets this morning'
-'I cant control if she loves me and gives me gifts, Ive told her all about you' - re the 'stalker' (lol) who continually left gifts on his doorstep and texted 'goodnight' every night for a year!-with absolutely NO contact or reponse from him, of course!
-'if you spoke to her she would just tell you lies to break us up-she wants revenge because I told her I love you, now she wants to destroy any chance of happiness I have'
-when confronted that I knew he was still sleeping with her 'well she wins then, she got her revenge'
and this conversation;
HIM - 'it was purely platonic, we were housemates, nothing more'
ME - 'then let me talk to her'
HIM -'she'll tell you lies to break us up'
ME - 'there are things I could ask her that would tell me if you slept with her'
HIM -'like what?'
ME -'well, for a simple example, like asking her if you're circumsized or not'
HIM 'but we shared a house, of course she would know, she used to talk to me while I was in the shower' and stare at his penis??
and the biggest lie -'Im going to go get help'

LOL -I could go on, but like him, it would get repetitive and confusing and frustrating!!
Bam
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:17 pm

Postby nomoredreams_reality » Tue May 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Bam
HPD men are so similar...I am very unlucky because I never have a normal man so I trusted him and for 5 months I didn't discover his lies...
nomoredreams_reality
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Bam » Tue May 25, 2010 5:20 pm

nomoredreams_reality wrote:Bam
HPD men are so similar...I am very unlucky because I never have a normal man so I trusted him and for 5 months I didn't discover his lies...

If you only lasted 5 months, honey, think yourself very lucky. Go read SADMADANDHURT, she was married with two kids from him. I was on again/off again for four years.
Bam
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post