Our partner

What's Wrong With HPDs?

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: What's Wrong With HPDs?

Postby Groove » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:12 am

What's wrong? hah! I can tell you from my experience what was/is wrong.

First of all, people can get hurt really bad, emotionally and in other ways. For example i read here that an HPD in the workplace went to HR to complain because she felt sexually harassed when a guy -obviously provoked- asked her for a date. They flirt but when the guy responds hard they lose their mind haha :mrgreen:

Second, they're annoying trying to get attention. I get it if you are someone who deserves the attention and don't seek it, but the HPD i know isn't the case. She's pretty and coquette -that's the how-, but not smart, and talks in a very subjective way about various things, i have to control myself to not discuss with her -ergo no attention given- and make her see how wrong she is about everything. I will do it someday if i feel like it. I can predict it; she'll react yelling at me or having a depression episode after.

The attention-seeking behaviour can go as far as:

-looking awkwardly at you, just so you say 'Is there something wrong?' (ergo attention received and mission accomplished) Now i just don't say anything and sometimes laugh about it in the moment. Oh, she knows that I know! :P :P

-when i talk to my gf she stares without any dissimulation and sometimes smash the table :| , i can manage to ignore her in the moment, but after that i think "why do you do that??" even though we know why, but whatever.

You dont care about anything of that? I think it goes about empathy. I don't want any people to go through what i've been through and i feel sorry for her. I want to help her. When the time comes i'll subtly explain her what she has and recommend her to go to cognitive behavioral therapy, i don't know how she'll react to that. She can give 0 ###$, convince me to be her everyday therapist, or she can go there. We'll see.

The good part? I dont think there's any good part, but if im forced to say something, here it goes: The constant flirting. Its exciting and fun, throwing those "comebacks" in a second, the penetrating eye contact, and the sexual tension is very entertaining and you can "enjoy" that part if you keep in mind that its extremely superficial and with no real meaning, like a hobby. Dangerous, can you handle it? Can you handle someone with a personality disorder? That's how i think.

Yes, everybody likes people that are different, but this is the wrong kind of different.

Take care.
Groove
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What's Wrong With HPDs?

Postby thesinnersbible » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:32 am

#hpdfriends?.......... Yesterday, I was helping her clean her apartment and I found a card from a drinking game we were playing (I've never). The card was "I've never masturbated in the shower." I kind of giggled a bit realizing when we played that drinking game, that night she literally made me watch her do that very thing.
thesinnersbible
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post