Our partner

Best threads for my ExHPD to first read here?

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Best threads for my ExHPD to first read here?

Postby Fletch » Sun May 29, 2016 8:06 am

My ex was rushed to the hospital this morning by her husband (divorce is finalized next month). Turns out she has alcohol caused liver damage that is the worst for her age (34) the Dr. has ever seen.

According to her, she self-diagnosed HPD years ago as a way to rationalize her behaviors to her husband. When he started looking into it more and taking it seriously, she wanted him to forget about it. She did go to therapy for an unknown period of time. I think it was pretty short lived.

She left (was kicked out by) her husband, to be with me (because she cheated on him with someone else prior to talking to me). Then I caught the same guy at her house in her bed 5 months later, and broke up with her.

I have tried blocking for NC, but now her husband and I are buddies (ironically because I thought he was an abusive monster) in part because we get along well, but mainly because of a shared experience with the woman- who is like no one else we have ever met.

Back to today. I just composed a long, caring email to her, in which I again mention the HPD and this board. I was going to paste the link into the email, when I started browsing over the threads, and I'm realizing that there are so many nons with anger/hurt/resentment, that she will most likely take a glace at the topic and close it out.

Are there specific threads that are really good for someone with a very defensive and closed mind to first look at? Thanks
Fletch
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post