Our partner

Girls who are mean to boys they like- HPD?

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Girls who are mean to boys they like- HPD?

Postby SuperMoose » Mon May 02, 2016 5:46 pm

This is more of a child's psychology thing since it's something more common in children. I heard of this phenomenon and actually experienced it myself in middle school. There would be this girl who always acted mean toward me in particular, but was sometimes understanding and caring in unexpected circumstances, like one time I insulted her so she pushed me when I wasn't looking and I fell so I had to go to the nurse. Later she also showed up at the nurse. Another girl who was kind of mean to me knew I liked her because I often grabbed her breasts from behind but she didn't tell me she was interested until a few years later.

So when girls do this strange thing where they're mean to boys they like, is it testing, or is it for attention, like an HPD trait?
SuperMoose
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Girls who are mean to boys they like- HPD?

Postby data-mirror » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't think it's a trait of any personality disorder. I definitely think when girls/boys are mean to boys/girls/etc they like it is to get their attention and some kind of strange flirting.If they were interested too, and picked it up, they could be mean back without directly acknowledging any luveyduveyness. But simply wanting attention isn't an HPD trait. That's just human. I remember wanting to do things like that.
data-mirror
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post