Our partner

Opinions needed please

Histrionic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the Histrionic Personality Disorder forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of HPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non HP readers. Discussions related to HPD behavior are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging or encouraging these urges is not what this forum is intended for.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse from HPDs. .
Non HPD users are welcome to post here, But their questions Must have a respectful tone.
If you are a NON and have issues with an past relationship with an HPD person, it is suggested that you Post in a Relationship forum. Here is a link to that forum: relationship/

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Opinions needed please

Postby xdude » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Arguably this thread belongs in the Significant Other, Family & Friends forum, but anyway...

ridingthewtfbus wrote:Whether she's HPD or not, people won't always do or say exactly what you think they should, it's unreasonable to expect it, and doing so only guarantees that you will be disappointed. Also, PwPD and NON's alike are capable of lying.....

Agree.

Also it's likely common enough that NONs and PwPDs reminisce at times about their exes. Sometimes people reach out to an ex (keeping in mind electronic forms of communication make it very easy to do so on impulse), and then... regret doing so.

ridingthewtfbus wrote:And if you're absolutely sure she's being sarcastic, you need to ask yourself why do you care? ...

Jammo,

To add to this, and HPD aside, if you feel she is exhibiting poor character by lying (or being sarcastic, etc) it's a good a reminder why you are better off that the relationship ended.

Understood though that what really went wrong here is that you were doing better, and this event triggered those old reactions and feelings.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Opinions needed please

Postby Jammo1989 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks for your input Xdude, thats exactly how it felt with me. I was forgetting about her, didn't care that she moved on and got pregnant so quickly, then that Facetime attempt triggered by obsessive analysis:

Why would she break contact while happy and pregnant

Why Face time me when you have a boyfriend?

Why deny calling me, then when faced with the evidence you try and shrug it off with oh im sorry about that?

Your right, it doesnt matter whats going through her head because her lies, manipulation and deception has been concluded with the no I didnt FT you, in other words lies throughout.

Thanks Xdude
Jammo1989
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post