Our partner

My dad just died, I cant cope

A place to discuss the loss of a family member.

Re: My dad just died, I cant cope

Postby TROJAN » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am

I think that is a very good idea, delamo. :)
TROJAN
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby positivethinking » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Glad that you are thinking of taking some positive steps to remember your dad and help with the grief. Please keep us posted and know you are in my thoughts and prayers!
positivethinking
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Postby Alln1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 am

I wish i knew how to grieve better. Writing, talking. I lost my father at a time when i was angry at him, and wish now time could be turned back, but it can't. I'm glad you were close to your father. I believe that people that feed into us, love us, support us, and are there for us. That a part of them remains in us, in our hearts. You can't ever loose that part of him.
Quotes on Grief that i recently wrote down. Man when he does not grief, hardly exists.

Laughter is good medicine.
Those things that hurt instruct.
One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
Tearless grief bleeds inwardly.
There is no grief like the grief that does not speak.
He that conceals his grief finds no remedy for it.
Grief does not change you, it reveals you.
I would recommend you seeing if you can find a grief support group. Sometimes hospitals, or hospice have support grief groups for free. Be strong, but grieve well. I think like birth, grieving is messy. But it contaminates us if not allowed exit. Blessings. And sorry i didn't write down the writers of the quotes. But here is one from a Headstone in Ireland: Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
Alln1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby delamo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:33 am

hello all, thank you also for the grief quotes..well i saw my doctor recently, he was concerned my level of depression worsened alot in a short time, so this past monday i started at the day hospital program, i have a nice social worker there that i told her about my dad and she is aware of my history from the other times i've been hospitalized, its helpful because she is aware that I am at risk, somehow that helps me feel safer,the fact that she is aware of that, rather than thinking everything is okay, she has a realistic understanding of who I am, my history and how his death is affecting me and how it may be very much a struggle...for those of you who havent been to a day program it is very healing type atmosphere, therapy groups, art, music, exercises. Yesterday we learned something fun about color therapy, how different colors are linked to different parts of your body, like green helps lower blood pressure, etc. then after that we all drew a picture to show the types of colors we feel we need///my social worker is hoping that by being in the day program it may help prevent me from having to be inpatient especialy with the upcoming holidays, but i like that she doesnt make it performance based..she said its ok either way, if i stay in the day program, or if at some point i have to be inpatient, she said its ok and she is there to support me...
delamo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby TROJAN » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 am

Delamo, it sounds like you are getting a good level of support and help. :)
TROJAN
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Family

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post