Our partner

Sudden Unpleasant Realisation of Living

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Sudden Unpleasant Realisation of Living

Postby Yad Mot » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:36 am

I've had anxiety problems for years, since I was about 7, and although I'm mostly over it, whenever I'm not feeling 100% I occasionally get this thing where it feels like I'm suddenly being thrown back into reality, as if before I was just in my thoughts. It's nothing unbearable, but it really isn't nice at all, and sometimes it happens over and over again. Is there anything this can be caused by? I've googled but I don't know exactly what to search for. I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but hey.
Last edited by Platypus on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: PM to follow
Yad Mot
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sudden Unpleasant Realisation of Living

Postby jasmin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Hey! Could it be part of an anxiety attack? I've had really weird feelings/thoughts while those were happening.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby take_too2 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:32 am

Hi,
I really like the title of your post because it describes something which I've been experiencing more often lately too.

I'm not sure if its part of an anxiety disorder.. but for me.... it increases my level of anxiety when it happens. For me, it feels like a subtle shift in perspective of my own actual existence, but its also connected with a sense of responsibility for myself...... I know what you mean about it not being unbearable, but certainly not nice.

I don't have any answers, but wanted you to know you are not alone with this weird little sensation. So far, I have found that the best thing to do when it happens is to take a few deep, slow breaths and let go...... surrender..... if that makes any sense. I'm not always successful with my method of dealing with it, but when I am.... it helps, it passes and I can continue with my day.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

~ J. Krishnamurti
take_too2
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 pm

Postby OMNICELL » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 am

"Sudden Unpleasant Realization of Living"

Thats a great title, That describes what Ive been trying to run away from, from the beginning of my life.

First, and this is my take on it, a human is an emotional spiritual creature. They are not suppose to be in reality. Im a spirit in a material world. The world has no right to the better inner parts of me that have sanctificational prospects. Its better to leave what is Holy in that place that is safe. Reality seems devoid of any control or safety. Its that feeling like Im of little significance to reality or in reality. Its in the spiritual realm that I feel safe and of worth and purpose. Reality seems a place of no control, their for , Im out of control because I cant control... Im scared of what Im feeling. The smartest people never put their feelings where they have no control over them. Reality is a place I have no control over suppressing my feelings. Hmm.. Something like that. Don't quote me..!!

Hmm.., In a panic attack Im scared of the fear I feel. The fear of being afraid. Im feeling the fear of being afraid and I cant control the outcome.

This is not abnormal. This is the kind of thing a person goes through that has Agoraphobia when they have to be outdoors. Its the same kind of pressure.

Life is a tough place , especially when one is alone or feels alone, or is with vastness and one feels very small.

Anyway, Hmm.. Your OK. its not abnormal to go through this as an adult experience. If it gets worse I would see a doctor about it, therapist..

Good luck..
Dissociative Disorder
CPTSD
AVPD; Social avoidance
Previous/Psychotic clinical Depression
agoraphobia
obsessive/compulsive disorder
Evolution didn't stop my death, God did .....Now what?
OMNICELL
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (1763)

Postby Yad Mot » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 pm

take_too2 wrote:For me, it feels like a subtle shift in perspective of my own actual existence, but its also connected with a sense of responsibility for myself...... I know what you mean about it not being unbearable, but certainly not nice.

Sorry for the bump, but this is exactly what happens. It's as if a subconsciously think that something in my life is even slightly unusual, then I get thrown back into reality and I have a slight anxiety attack. It's really strange, but knowing that other people get it too is much better than thinking I'm going insane :)
Yad Mot
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 am

Do you feel a bit dissociated too? I'm glad you found someone who's been through this (but sorry that you guys have had a hard time).
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Martinbrook » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:56 pm

I understand this is an old thread however I can totally relate to this. Attempting to explain this unusual phenomenon often leads to one speaking nonsense, yet in their head it makes perfect sense. I've concluded that these 'gaps' of thought in which we TRULY realise what we are actually involved in (existence) cannot be successfully put into words. It's simply there for us to feel. If these realisations/thoughts are having a negative impact on your life, you must reconcile with them, understand everything is okay and accept you are never 100% in control of reality. We're all in this together, just with our own subjective experiences. Everything will come out in the wash. Relax. Live. Love.
Martinbrook
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post