Our partner

Jury Duty

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Jury Duty

Postby seanetal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:53 am

I head in for 4 days of Jury Duty today and until a few hours ago I wasn't nervous at all. However there's something about that first exposure to anything new that brings anxiety to the surface, and this is no different. I know it will be easy enough once I get there and settle into a chair but right now it's got me more than a little anxious. I know this is made worse by being piled on top of the depression and grief I'm still battling from the loss of my grandmother and the impending trip to Portland for her memorial, but that knowledge isn't making me feel any less anxious.
seanetal
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Jury Duty

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Anticipatory anxiety is the worse, you worry about things before they even happen. I can understand you'd feel anxious while dealing with something like this. No one likes jury duty... hopefully the time will fly by... once you are there it will likely disappear, it always does for me. Unfortunately this is something you cannot get out of which sucks. Remember to breathe, and think about some positive affirmations.... I'll be thinking of you..
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Jury Duty

Postby chorse » Fri May 14, 2010 4:26 pm

I was called for Jury Duty twice, but it got cancelled the first time..the second time, I called the county office and I told them I'm bipolar. As soon as she heard that, the woman said "No problem, you don't have to appear, we'll take you off the list."

Good to know in some respect, but I suppose some people might *want* to do Jury Duty, or feel that revealing this kind of disorder would be a relinquishment of their rights? I don't know what your medical diagnosis is, but if you have one and really don't feel up to Jury Duty then perhaps a simple phone call might rectify it?

Peace,
chorse
Sun, sun, sun - high's in the 80's all week.
chorse
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum