The site will undergo a maintenance process for a few minutes. Please finish your post as it will start quickly.

If you experiment issues after the maintenance, please reload the page, clear your browser cache and if needed restart your browser.

Psychforums Team.

Our partner

Anxiety due to poison ivy rash (BDD related)

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Anxiety due to poison ivy rash (BDD related)

Postby agateaqua » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:19 am

Hi all,

First time poster , with a history of depression, anxiety , OCD, BDD, eating disorders, and social anxiety .
I'm new here, but will post right away because of my level of anxiety :( hope that is oke as I have nowhere else to turn to .

I've had a poison ivy rash now for about 3 weeks and it looks horrible.
I probably have BDD as well so I'm obsessing about this stupid rash.
There was a blister in the middle , which popped , and now the skin of the blister looks dark brownish, but sill like the rest of the rash , sort of scaly . Then there is the red scaly part of the rash.
It doesn't hurt, but itches still a bit. Will this heal normally , meaning with no scars/discolorations ?

Thanks . I just want my mind eased a bit as I'm feeling very stressed/depressed about this :)
agateaqua
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anxiety due to poison ivy rash (BDD related)

Postby agateaqua » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:45 am

Thread can be deleted, the rash is going away & healing normally.
agateaqua
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Re: Anxiety due to poison ivy rash (BDD related)

Postby Snaga » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 am

We don't delete threads.

Glad to hear that it seems to be healing. I was going to say I'm sensitive to poison oak but I've never overworried much about it, best thing to do with anything like that is leave it alone, let it heal.
Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP. And a bunch of weirdness.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post