Our partner

Overthinking/Rapid Thoughts

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Overthinking/Rapid Thoughts

Postby Rudo88 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 am

Hi, hope this is the right place to post this.

I've suffered with anxiety and depression for many many years. I started back on 10mg of Citalopram/Celexa at the end of march and upped to 20mg 2 weeks ago which i'm sure is probably playing a part in my above problem. i'll have bee on 20mg for 9 weeks this thrusday.

I'm having trouble with Overthinking or Rapid Thoughts or both or maybe something different

I'm a big film & TV watcher and it's my number one passion/hobby whatever you want to call it but over the last 2 months i've found it very difficult to just relax and watch without my head constantly checking to see i'f i'm watching it "am i into it" "am i understanding it" etc my mind just won't let go. From last Sunday to Tuesday i was feeling great, could watch whatever i wanted. then wednesday until today i'm back to not being able to "let go" relax and enjoy what i'm doing. The mind chatter in general is a lot better but this not being able to properly watch something is getting to me.

Does this sound like Citalopram is working and i just have to wait for it fully work or did i just have a few good days? frustrated as hell. It just felt like i'd turned a corner with the medication along with the CBT and i was finally taking control and then wallop a boot in the face.

This post is to ask advice. will this problem go away once i settle down? when the meds kick in? any tips? will this go away or am i stuck with it?

Thanks for any advice
Rudo88
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Overthinking/Rapid Thoughts

Postby silentflood » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Hey,
You're definitely not stuck with it. Give it some more time to kick in. Meanwhile try looking into mindfulness. Do you have a therapist? Get into therapy and keep hanging in there.

Worst comes to worst, just try a new medication. I used to take Celexa.
I'm Nelle
Diagnosed with Bipolar I, Anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, & EDNOS with more anorexia traits; I just don't meet to weight requirement.

Here to relate to others and I'm studying to be a child psychotherapist.
silentflood
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Postby Rudo88 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I'm currently having CBT and hoping that helps. I never thought i'd be a person to meditate, i don't believe in a lot of things but i have be doing breathing exercises for the last few weeks. I think they've helped but just this not being able to relax and watch the things i enjoy is really getting to me.
Rudo88
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Yemelion » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Rudo88 wrote:Hi, hope this is the right place to post this.

I've suffered with anxiety and depression for many many years. I started back on 10mg of Citalopram/Celexa at the end of march and upped to 20mg 2 weeks ago which i'm sure is probably playing a part in my above problem. i'll have bee on 20mg for 9 weeks this thrusday.

I'm having trouble with Overthinking or Rapid Thoughts or both or maybe something different

I'm a big film & TV watcher and it's my number one passion/hobby whatever you want to call it but over the last 2 months i've found it very difficult to just relax and watch without my head constantly checking to see i'f i'm watching it "am i into it" "am i understanding it" etc my mind just won't let go. From last Sunday to Tuesday i was feeling great, could watch whatever i wanted. then wednesday until today i'm back to not being able to "let go" relax and enjoy what i'm doing. The mind chatter in general is a lot better but this not being able to properly watch something is getting to me.

Does this sound like Citalopram is working and i just have to wait for it fully work or did i just have a few good days? frustrated as hell. It just felt like i'd turned a corner with the medication along with the CBT and i was finally taking control and then wallop a boot in the face.

This post is to ask advice. will this problem go away once i settle down? when the meds kick in? any tips? will this go away or am i stuck with it?

Thanks for any advice

I took Citaloprom for about one month before my doctor told me to stop taking it! I became so manic that I couldn't rest or sit still and I vacuum cleaned like 20 times a day. So I called my doctor and told him about my manic behavior and he told me to stop the medication right away! And I can be very manic as it is, suffering from borderline - I'm very up and down. So maybe you are like me on these pills! Maybe you should talk to your doctor! :)
Yemelion
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post