Our partner

New and ready.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

New and ready.

Postby Johnbob » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Hello, for as long as I can remember I have dealt with anxiety especially when it comes to relationships. All of my relationships have failed due to my anxiety and pushing my SO away. A little about me, I'm a 28 year old male and have had anxiety for the major part of my life due to some things that have happened to me in the past. I've come to terms with what has happened and don't hold and grudges, but there is still that repressed part of my life and spikes my anxiety.

I have bad trust issues with women, and it's. It like I don't trust them...most of the time I never get a reason not to trust the person I am with. I feel like I am in this constant feedback loop from hell, for some reason my mind will make up these little stories and eventually snowball into a catastrophic event. Anyhoo, I am talking to someone right now and I absolutely adore her. She knows of my issues and given the things that happen she decided to stick by my side and try to patiently help me through everything. I know that if I don't get past my anxiety I will loose her, and that's something I don't want to happen because she is a gem.

If there is anyone out there listening, anyone out there wanting to share their story about overcoming this hellish nightmare I would love to listen.

Johnny,

Anxious and ready.
Johnbob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New and ready.

Postby AmandaBroken » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:13 pm

I just want you to know that you are not alone in this. Others have gone through this as well. Try to keep things out in the open. Learn to listen. Most of all try not to rush things. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Feel free to talk to me if you think that could help.

Hug,

Amanda
Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of.
It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again,
but stronger than ever.
AmandaBroken
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Johnbob » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:13 am

Thank you Amanda, I've come to the realization that I am not alone. Honestly, I'm scared to make this drastic change. I've always lived like this and know how i function, but changing and becoming a new person really terrifies me.
Johnbob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby AmandaBroken » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Johnbob wrote:Thank you Amanda, I've come to the realization that I am not alone. Honestly, I'm scared to make this drastic change. I've always lived like this and know how i function, but changing and becoming a new person really terrifies me.

Take it one step at a time. Hug!

Amanda
Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of.
It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again,
but stronger than ever.
AmandaBroken
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum