Our partner

*TW* Anxiety over developing an eating disorder

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

*TW* Anxiety over developing an eating disorder

Postby Benmjy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post ever here but I need help when I'm not able to see my therapist. I have major anxiety for what feels to be just about everything. One of the big things i'm anxious about is death, and a lot of the time my anxiety will latch on to something related to death or suicide, and right now I'm having a total nervous breakdown over becoming anorexic. I'm a really picky eater so for lunch today I was thinking about what to eat and I was really hungry but couldn't think of anything. Then the thought popped in to my head "what if you're anorexic and denying your hunger". I know I'm not anorexic but now I'm scared I'm going to become it or I am and just don't know it. I think this comes from the fact that I lost weight because i lost my appetite during a horrible and constant two wrk anxiety spell and wasn't hungry at all. I'm better now but now I just want to gain that weight back and prove that i'm not anorexic and now i'm terrified of losing weight and I don't know what to do I'm just so scared.
Last edited by Tyler on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trigger warning added.
Benmjy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: *TW* Anxiety over developing an eating disorder

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:14 am

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I'm not the best when it comes to eating disorders, but I'm going to try to give you a little advice, the best I can. I too used to be an incredibly picky eater. Back in high school, I wouldn't eat lunch on certain days due to them not having anything that I liked. I started packing a lunch to take with me of things that I liked.

Do you drive? Do you work? If you do both, why not drive out to a cheap restaurant to get a bite to eat? A place that you really like. If you're at work, why don't you go order something for take out and take it with you the next day and eat it? Even things like McDonald's are better than eating nothing at all.

Also, have you ever considered talking to your doctor about medication? They really do help, at least for most people.

Hope this helps, even a little. Stay Strong.
Email me if you want some desserts

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: *TW* Anxiety over developing an eating disorder

Postby Benmjy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Thank you for the welcome!

That does make me feel a little better. I don't know why I'm fretting over developing anorexia so much when I've never had anorexic tendencies. I don't want to lose weight and I really do like my body but my anxiety is telling me that if I don't have anorexia now I'm going to develop it and it feels so real. I just don't know what to do and I'm so scared.
Benmjy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post