Our partner

Can I get some advice please?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Can I get some advice please?

Postby PMB » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:04 pm

I hope this post isn't breaking forum rules. I dont think it is. I have been diagnosed with anxiety on and off since I was 17 and I'm now 35 almost. I've been on and off medications a few times, had periods of great progress. I once lasted a whole six months without stress and had no anxiety attacks but I have also had times of terrible regression. The worst point having me so mentally exhausted I began to hear things and saw a person in my room that was very much not there. I have recently emigrated and currently do not have access to health care. I hope for this to change very soon but for now it's not an option. What I want to ask is has anybody found any natural ways to keep it at bay? Certain types of meditation perhaps? I need to apply for jobs, I have a never ending list of things I have to register for (like medical access) and I am trying to study for a better career but I'm sure you can all understand how hard all of this can be when the simplest of things overwhelms and immobilises you.
PMB
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can I get some advice please?

Postby atina » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Dear PMB:

The fact that you don't have access to medical care, that is psychiatric drugs at the present time may be an opportunity for you to seriously try natural care. I was able to get off 17 years of psychiatric drugs by doing the following:

Guided meditation, can be downloaded from internet. (mindfulness category)
Yoga, the relaxing kind, focusing on feeling the physical body instead of overthinking, the abstract.
Tai Chi (slow movements), moving-meditation like.
Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (there are self help books on it to get you started, also online sources) specifically dealing with anxiety.
Self Help groups perhaps.

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post