Our partner

Anxiety is ruining my life

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Anxiety is ruining my life

Postby Harvey11 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi I'm new to all of this so please bear with me. I'm 26 and have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember. The last few months has got so bad that I don't go out at all, I have never been diagnosed at a doctors as I can't even ring and book a appointment and even if I get that fair it's actually going in a doctors practice and approaching the reception and then wait in a packed waiting room then speaking to a stranger my heart would literally stop!.
It is hard to express the crippling feeling this problem give you, I can't even speak to family anymore and if I really had to go food shopping at the till I go bright red, sweat, Tremble slightly and the last few times my eye twitches uncontrolleby when spoken to then when I reply to a simple question like have you got a nectar card I bearly get my words out. I suppose it's the hot flushes and the bright red face and sweating as if ive just done a 5 mile jog what's getting to me the most. Even if someone looks at me from a distance or if I'm in a room that's got a few people in the hot flushes pop up out of no were. I have a child on the way in Decemeber and my partner has already told me she wants me to go to the scans etc. Ino im Going to sweat, blush, tremble and my eye will twitch badly but I really want to get over this, it's stopped me from living life to the fullest for so long and now I have a child on the way I don't want my problem effecting there life. I've never been abroad I've never done a lot of normal things due to this. I hope there's help out there for me!.
Harvey11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anxiety is ruining my life

Postby atina » Thu May 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Dear Harvey11:

Can your partner help you with setting an appointment with a psychotherapist? This anxiety, ongoing fear, can be helped: you can be helped by gaining insight into the origin of your anxiety and learning skills to reduce it, manage it. There is hope, but you need competent professional help.

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post