Our partner

Oppressive Anxiety

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Oppressive Anxiety

Postby blitz4life42 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Ok so in terms of anxiety I was diagnosed with GAD and mild OCD (it gets bad when my mood disorder gets disrupted but in general isn't overbearing).

So I get the difference between the two (and how the affect me usually). OCD of course is framed by obsessions and compulsions (more O based for me), but are very easy to separate from general anxiety. Now I do have anxiety in certain situations that will make my heart race. Going somewhere new, getting a test back, raising my hand in class. My heart rate skyrockets and its obvious GAD. But then I started having a new type of anxiety.

I started feeling this overbearing weight on my head. I don't even know how to describe it. It doesn't feel like normal anxiety (my normal response is nausea, sweating, fast beating heart. Instead it feels like Im being crushed. The worst part? It will just "appear". I won't even know what I'm "anxious" about (or sometimes even IF I'm anxious). I just feel like I'm being crushed and the world is spinning I have no clue what is triggering me.

For a while I thought it was maybe different OCD. I did start worrying about things being clean/being in their proper location. This isn't necessarily a compulsion, and I usually get that spacey feel. But I still know what is causing it!!

Have any of you felt this/ know if its more GAD or OCD.
Bipolar Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder
blitz4life42
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles