Our partner

Anyone have problems with sex drive

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Anyone have problems with sex drive

Postby Dylan94 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:19 am

well i've been on escitalopram for about a month now. I was hoping taking this would make me want sex but even this still has not. I just started CBT last week and was wondering if that might help with my sex drive? To be honest i've been convinced im gay for a few weeks now and I obsess about it at school. Its gotten to the point where I watch music videos and my brain will say "oh hes cute" when i see some dude. Anyone ever been convinced there gay?
Dylan94
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone have problems with sex drive

Postby creative_nothing » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Usually SSRIs decrease sex drive. They are used not only for anxiety/depression but for treating premature ejaculation(sorry for my english)
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:07 pm

Postby Sandy Rivers » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:15 am

Your sex drive can be decreased in the result of the antidepressants' intake or if there are some problems with the testosterone level. Another factor that can influence your libido is that you are experiencing the difficult period in your life and these emotions influence your sexual function.
Sandy Rivers
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 am

Postby nearthebeach1990 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Dylan94 wrote:well i've been on escitalopram for about a month now. I was hoping taking this would make me want sex but even this still has not. I just started CBT last week and was wondering if that might help with my sex drive? To be honest i've been convinced im gay for a few weeks now and I obsess about it at school. Its gotten to the point where I watch music videos and my brain will say "oh hes cute" when i see some dude. Anyone ever been convinced there gay?

I've been using Sertraline for about a week and I lost my sex drive completely. COMPLETELY.
nearthebeach1990
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post