Our partner

We cant feel anything instantly, this is troubling me!?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

We cant feel anything instantly, this is troubling me!?

Postby DarkFalz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:20 pm

I know this might be just a strange thought that i had (like many) others, but since everything we feel, like taste, sound, vision, etc etc, takes some time to be transformed into electrical signals for our brain to process, and hence become something we can become conscious of, we feel everything with a delay!

I mean, if a woman touches my hand and says that she loves me, i wont be feeling her hand or hearing her voice at the exact same time she wanted to transmit it to me, in fact, once the signal arrives to my brain, she may not even want to me to have it anymore!

This thought is troubling me! I'm obcessing over it!

In the end, we can only feel what everyone else wants to transmit to us with a delay! Can we never feel the other person's' actions or feeling at the exact same time they wanted us to feel those actions/feelings? All that another persons transmits to us is outdated!
DarkFalz
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: We cant feel anything instantly, this is troubling me!?

Postby Im-pure » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:53 am

Hi, i have no experience with feeling this way but it sounds like this is a cause of worry for you. I am thinking...even if the info is a bit delayed, it cannot be so much delayed that the other person's feelings change. If they do change so fast, then it would be their problem not yours...i am sure that if someone tells you they love you they will feel the same way in a few seconds of minutes :)

Sorry im not much help, though.
Im-pure
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post