Our partner

When to ask for help again?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

When to ask for help again?

Postby hedgy_ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum - so bear with me!

After years of trying to deal with my anxiety myself which started in my early teens, I finally sought some help this year. I was given anti-d's my the doctor, and started a CBT. Near the end of the CBT I stopped talking the meds after 5 months after discussing the option with my doctor. I felt like every morning I took the tablet I was reminding myself of my anxiety and I hated it. The CBT went really well, and I felt that I was finally achieving something. My therapist said I had GAD, social anxiety and OCD. Since the therapy stopped 2 months ago things have been going down hill - triggered I think by some big disruptions in my life since the end of therapy which are now sorted out. I've been trying really hard to use all the techniques I've been taught but feel like I'm really loosing that control that I'd been getting towards the end of therapy and things are sliding and causing more tension with the people I live with. OCD is getting worse, I've got more intrusive thoughts, it's harder to leave the house, and as soon as I get rid of one worry, another one comes to replace it.

So, my question is, when do you know if something like this is just a blip, and you have to give yourself a chance, and when is the right time to get help again?

Thanks for reading this.

Hedge
hedgy_
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:19 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: When to ask for help again?

Postby Im-pure » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi, im no expert but i think it would be recommended to seek help when you feel overwhelmed. If you feel it is too much for you then its the right time.
Im-pure
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum