Our partner

GAD and Exhaustion

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

GAD and Exhaustion

Postby stevanobo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:49 pm

I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social anxiety disorder, and depression. I force myself to be social every weekend, but sometimes all I have the energy for is to run a few errands and then lay around the house. Not that that is a bad thing, but I feel like I am missing out on life if I am not out of the house "doing" something. I constantly have this feeling that I should be do or be somewhere else. It's exhausting. I realize that people who do not have GAD will look like they have endless amounts of energy because they are not worrying about every little thing that happens. They probably don't have the inner-conscious stream of negative thoughts and worries that I feel forced to deal with everyday. I have been learning different modes acceptance and mindfulness techniques that help me at times, but it doesn't seem to be a catch all solution to my disorder. I can accept at times the way I look, or the negative thoughts and associated feelings I am having, but not in all cases and, in a way, I feel hyper-vigilant of keeping my mood and thoughts stable. That in itself can be exhausting. Shoot, just eating lunch can be tiring for me. Anyway, thanks for reading and letting me vent.
stevanobo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: GAD and Exhaustion

Postby lilyfairy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:42 am

Hi and welcome :)

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with things. The combination of the three (GAD, SAD and depression) are exhausting. Forcing yourself to be social is hard, but I find the less I do it, I feel like I want to withdraw even more than I already am and things become more overwhelming.

That sounds really positive that you're working on some mindfulness and acceptance. I don't think there really is a magic solution that deals with all of it. It's trying to pull different techniques from different places to best suit you. Are you working with a therapist at all?

Feel free to vent as much as you need.

Take care
Lily
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum