Our partner

mmpi test on homosexual tendencies

Gender Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

mmpi test on homosexual tendencies

Postby GGAB » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:41 am

Hi,

My dad is a psychiatrist and i've got some doubts about me being gay for a long time. But there was no way talking about this with him. I'm not froum U.S or another western country, where being gay is more tolerable. It's a cultural taboo here, whether you are educated or not.
So i searched the net, found about this MMPI test. Then checked my dad's computer if anything was related there, and there it was! I finished it, clicked some kind of 'analyze' button and it showed a chart, which i didn't get all.
Now i am asking, could you please say what these results refer to? I've got no one else to talk about this.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d2c43674871584
GGAB
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: mmpi test on homosexual tendencies

Postby jasmin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:03 pm

GGAB, there's nothing wrong with being gay. I'm not sure what the chart means, I've asked some others and we'll see if we can tell you.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby GGAB » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:48 pm

thanks jasmin. i know there is nothing wrong with it. but it's not easy to live with, if you can't be yourself because of the society.
GGAB
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby FrayedEndOfSanity » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:19 am

Oh yeah, I remember reading about this...The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory.
Here's a lazy link (Wikipedia):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_ ... cal_scales

Scroll up for history; scroll down for criticism of MMPI.

It makes an effort to measure personality. Personally, I think the test is a load of #######4, since it doesn't measure what it intends to.

Here's a short explanation of the scales in layman's terms:
http://psychology.about.com/od/psycholo ... mmpi_2.htm

So, congratulations. Based on your Scale 5 masculinity/femininity score, you're probably educated, somewhat rich, and male...as if I couldn't figure that out by reading your post. :mrgreen: In reality, it says very little about any gay tendencies you may have.

Don't let the results of a test decide your life for you.

That said, I'm sorry that your social surroundings make it difficult for you to lead the life you want. If it's that important to you, you could make the somewhat extreme step of moving to a different country.

Here's something I've learned over time (I'm a bisexual female engaged to a man): If you act like it's a non-issue, others will be more likely to treat it like a non-issue, too. But if you instead focus on it and become increasingly uncomfortable with it, then it's likely to rub off on others, too.

Hang in there. If anything, this forum is a safe place to discuss your concerns.

--Frayed
Do not take my advice or anyone else's before talking to your doctor/counselor/other professional. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find free, confidential care. Most importantly, sometimes your shrink can be wrong. Get a second opinion.
If I don't respond to a thread and there's an issue--PM me.
FrayedEndOfSanity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Postby JayD » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 pm

It looked extremely confusing. I think I remember hearing something about this test when I took a high school Psychology course 2 years ago. In general, free online tests are inaccurate and just for fun. I would not worry about it so much. There is a lot of reading out there on sexual orientation. It is hard to be gay in an environment that is not accepting of it.
JayD
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Gender Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post