Our partner

President Barack H. Obama, I will miss you as President!

Gambling Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

President Barack H. Obama, I will miss you as President!

Postby NewLife2017 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:17 am

In the words of President Obama, "change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress.

The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on". Barack Obama

I believe these quotes speak to This forum and to people who do want to change. I pray that support for those who have mental health issues, including gambling addiction, Will not be destroyed in this country. I am so saddened to say goodbye to President Obama And Michelle Obama and what they stood for.

For gambling addict & others the mental health funding that President Obama signed and the mental health bill that President Obama signed in Dec of 2016, was the first major mental health legislation in nearly a decade. I will miss you President Obama!
NewLife2017
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: President Barack H. Obama, I will miss you as President!

Postby blue_green_lake » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 am

NewLife2017 wrote:In the words of President Obama, "change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

I think this quote is very relevant to our struggle. Yes, in my life I was always looking for a hero or savior, but now I realize that I am to be my own hero. Day at a time, listening to my true feelings.
blue_green_lake
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Postby NewLife2017 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm

"Listening to my true feelings". With that you put into words how I feel and the actions I need to take. Thank you
NewLife2017
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby buster1969 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:20 pm

When you think about going from a classy man like him to what we're about to experience it's scary. Listening to speeches about how we're all about to be rich and how everything is going to be great coming from a shyster who made billions by bilking granny out of her retirement fund at slot machines makes me sad.
buster1969
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

Postby gran » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Bit political I know but I can tell you that here in the UK we are all pretty worried too
gran
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Postby 58gambling » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:54 pm

I agree. I was complete fooled by the mainstream media, that Trump had no chance of winning.

It's almost like a nightmare. I am afraid for the next four years. What is sad is that I didn't realize how many of the people in this country could be so misinformed/angry/ignorant?

My feeling is that there are a great many people who are hurting because of unemployment, and many who are just tired of the status quo of politicians who never seem to do anything for main street people, but are bribed to take care of the rich and Wall Street. Yes, I SAID IT, they are BRIBED.

It sure seems this is a country controlled by an oligarchy. The more I think about it, the more I subscribe to George Carlin's view of government and our "democracy"..

As if I need more things to be depressed about....
58gambling
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

Postby NewLife2017 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:07 am

just when I gave up gambling. The whole country will be gambling with the new administration. And the new president
NewLife2017
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby buster1969 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:05 am

58gambling wrote:I agree. I was complete fooled by the mainstream media, that Trump had no chance of winning.

It's almost like a nightmare. I am afraid for the next four years. What is sad is that I didn't realize how many of the people in this country could be so misinformed/angry/ignorant?

My feeling is that there are a great many people who are hurting because of unemployment, and many who are just tired of the status quo of politicians who never seem to do anything for main street people, but are bribed to take care of the rich and Wall Street. Yes, I SAID IT, they are BRIBED.

It sure seems this is a country controlled by an oligarchy. The more I think about it, the more I subscribe to George Carlin's view of government and our "democracy"..

As if I need more things to be depressed about....

It's odd that people think that unemployment is bad when it's dropped by 3 or 4 percent over the last eight years. But I guess if we all believed that we'd be millionaires by gambling it proves we'll believe anything.
buster1969
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

Return to Gambling Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post