Our partner

I want to stop, but I don't know how to start, I need Help..

Gambling Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I want to stop, but I don't know how to start, I need Help..

Postby Skinwithin 23 23 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Ive never posted on a board, let alone about my deepest secret, Gambling. Which has for the last 8 years slowly eaten me and my life, my now separated Wife, friends, and joy, goals and aspirations away. I think I have hit rock bottom, for me, i know it can get worse, but I'm on a precipice and i can't fall over the edge.

I don't know what to do, I'm really in a bad way financially, mentally, and don't see a way out. Im two months late on rent, months late on loans, owe people thousands, and yet last night when i was given rent i gambled it away. At one stage after putting the last 100e into my account i got it up to 8k, and cashed out 7k of it. I thought I had switched off the "Reverse Withdrawl" option on the account and decided to check after losing the 1k i allowed myself to play with. I hadn't, so i reversed the withdrawl and by 8am, i had lost it all.

I really need help...

I had stopped all gambling 1 year ago, then my marriage broke down, (which gambling played a part over the years to wreck), i relapsed around Christmas time and this time round i have no control. Previously i had no atm card, so no access to fund any online accounts. I ordered one and since then its all fallen apart. The worst thing that can happen is a big win, as it follows up with MASSIVE loses. I won about 7k in February, and since then I've lost everything.

Any advise would be great...

Thanks in advance.
Skinwithin 23 23
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I want to stop, but I don't know how to start, I need Help..

Postby 58gambling » Thu May 19, 2016 5:59 pm

You need Accountability. The best way I can suggest is GA. Seems simplistic, I know.
If you are really serious about quitting, go to a meeting and you may find help from others
who know your problem.
58gambling
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 am

Postby blue_green_lake » Fri May 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Skinwithin 23 23 wrote:At one stage after putting the last 100e into my account i got it up to 8k, and cashed out 7k of it. I thought I had switched off the "Reverse Withdrawl" option on the account and decided to check after losing the 1k i allowed myself to play with. I hadn't, so i reversed the withdrawl and by 8am, i had lost it all.

Welcome to the forum, Skinwithin.

I am sorry that you have fallen into the trap of compulsive gambling. Online gambling is the most pernicious of all. I can't believe it's even legal. It should not be.

The most important advice someone in your situation needs to hear is starting from today, do not dwell on your losses. Imagine you had some bad financial luck but you are starting over. Obsessing about losses will compel you into that trap of gambling.

I agree with 58gambling. GA has helped millions of people to stop gambling, a day at a time.

Bottom line, you have to want to quit. If you are not ready, it won't happen. You are totally responsible for you, in this case.
blue_green_lake
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 pm

Postby uskat » Fri May 20, 2016 6:32 pm

Get to GA.

It saved my life.

Think of yourself walking around w/ an IV drip hanging off your arm. You are very sick right now and your brain is not to be trusted.

You need care and support as a sick person would. Get to GA. Call hotline, find some support.

It took me 3 MONTHS for my brain to finally clear and come back to reality. Day by day it gets better but realize it will take time to start THINKING STRAIGHT.

You're brain has been poisoned and hijacked by the adrenaline, dopamine, all the things that happen to us when gambling. It needs ICU to detox.

Welcome, keep posting, there is hope I promise, if you seek it and are willing to take direction.
uskat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm

Return to Gambling Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post