Our partner

Are fetishes evil ? Are they somehow the work of the devil ?

Open discussions about the various fetishes.
Forum rules
================================================

The Fetishes Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss Fetishes as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Are fetishes evil ? Are they somehow the work of the devil ?

Postby desktopx » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Seriously , gets me wondering... I mean just look at them !

1) Autoerotic Asphyxiation : Sexual arousal from restriction of oxygen to the brain.
2) Crush fetishism : Arousal from crushing small objects and creatures.
3 ) Emetophilia : Arousal from vomiting
4) Blood fetishism : Arousal from blood play and blood sucking of people
5) Acrotomophilia: Arousal from having own healty limbs removed. ie being an amputee.
6) Sadism : Arousal and joy from seeing other people being hurt / inflict with pain.
7) Masochism : Arousal fro one's own pain and humiliation .
8 ) HIV Fetish : Arousal from sleeping with someone who has AIDS in an attempt to contract the disease.
9 ) Sneeze fetish : Arousal from sneezing.
10 ) Fart fetish : Arousal from some one farting at you.
11 ) Scat / watersports : Arousal from seeing people pee and $#%^ . And sometimes the fetishist wants poop inside his mouth for sexual pleasure.
12 ) Qucksand fetish : Arousal from seeing a girl being drowned to death in quicksand.
13 ) Vorarephilia : sexual arousal occurs in response to a fantasy of themselves, another person or an object eating or being eaten ( Cannibalism )
14) Necrophilia : A sexual desire towards corpses.

WHAT THE FU** ! ? Each one of these looks soo wrong and mischievous ..And not to mention it is mostly young children, who are vulnerable, fall into these ( becomes imprinted in their minds ).
desktopx
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Are fetishes evil ? Are they somehow the work of the devil ?

Postby loise » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 am

hi,
when I read the list what I see is a very troubled person..with issues and a difficult past.
why this would be the work of the evil? I think it is hard enough to deal with these kind of things to get on top of them a judgement.

fetishes are what they are and nothing more.
be kind to yourself and others.
loise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby kbarrett » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:57 am

I wouldn't say they are evil, just everyone is different.

I've always enjoyed driving my car/truck in thongs (the footwear) and was recently approached by a person (with an obvious foot fetish) to buy my thongs when I'd worn them out because they wanted to lick them and do whatever. It got me thinking as to why I enjoy driving in thongs myself. I'll make another thread for that.

*mod edit - images removed *
Last edited by Remember Ronni on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images removed PM to follow
kbarrett
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

Postby Rigning » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 am

The more you refer to things as evil-- the more evil you spawn into the world.
Rigning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Postby loise » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 am

hi desktopx,
I think that the fetishes are more a symptom than the problem itself...
if we could see beyond them and meet the person...I think anyone can develop them,
it is just a matter of losing an inner balance with ourself and with the rest....
loise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby desktopx » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:01 am

And maybe that's how homosexuality came into existence...
desktopx
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby pararez » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 am

Fetishes and paraphilias aren't either good or bad, they are just personal preference. Having it doesn't make you a good or a bad person. In fact, there are a lot of people with paraphilias and, even more, with fetishes.
pararez
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby desktopx » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 am

An extreme desire towards lingerie and particular clothing is okay and seems fine, similarly fantasies such as being lifted and dominated by the counter sex stronger and bigger than you (Macrophilia).These ( and many more ) fit well in personal preferences but some are just exceptional cases like the most listed above, Eg. Sexually aroused by seeing another person being hurt and inflicted with pain ? Thats just not right or normal which indicates a definite problem/disorder.

Some cases:-
https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 341AAyS0HC
https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 256AA9WUC2
https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 628AApHeWj

Most probably the person may have went through a severe psychological trauma in their past, most probably their childhood, which could have effected their psyche.

This explains for the extremely odd behaviour presented by the afflicted person. I would say that the person act out of their severe past trauma which the brain had coped with. The term "dissociation" fits well into the context. Dissociation is the ability of the mind to hide a memory, a feeling, or a body sensation for a short or a long time.The mind does this quickly when it feels that what is happening is too much for us to handle. The mind acts like a light switch and turns off all or parts of the event. It also keeps this event apart from other information with which it would usually be joined. Dissociation is a way for the mind to deal with the very hard things of life. Dissociation can be a symptom of an illness such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder , Generalized Anxiety ,Disorder etc.

http://www.caritas.ab.ca/NR/rdonlyres/epkjity25zyck2ldozmsope6jq3qifw3fbj6ucyunemjzdf5gmzdbz3g4eycwbn27oelc5vbv2otrd/What%25252bis%25252bDissociation.pdf

Wikipedia gives information on crush fetishism by explaining " The main reason that crush fetishes form is that the child/adolescent who acquired it, experienced a situation in which they deemed shocking or had an impact on their life while experiencing puberty. The brain performs a mental substitution for the person forming the fetish and links it to sexual stimulation. Later on, when a similar experience is performed, the neurotransmitter phenylethylamine (chemical responsible for infatuation and love) is activated and provokes sexual arousal. Continued thoughts and exposure to such scenarios strengthens the connection increasing the likelihood of it becoming permanent."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ACrush_fetish

A crush fetishist presents his views " “It’s my oldest fetish with no known origin, and I like it for about the same reason as eproctophilia. Maybe that I also disliked seeing people kill bugs as a kid, while also finding it arousing."
https://drmarkgriffiths.wordpress.com/tag/crush-fetishes/

Please do take your time to analyze and read. Views and opinions are welcomed ...
desktopx
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby BarrensChat » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 pm

I can't think of a single reason why fetishes are evil as long as no one is being hurt. They're a glitch in the system, but can be a source of joy.
BarrensChat
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Postby GiveAndReceive » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

BarrensChat wrote:I can't think of a single reason why fetishes are evil as long as no one is being hurt. They're a glitch in the system, but can be a source of joy.

"A glitch in the system," I like that. I have sometimes said that my system is mis-wired.

On a humorous note, today the title to this thread reminded me of Austin Powers and Dr. Evil. I can hear someone say, "How about a fetish," and I can hear Dr. Evil respond with, "Is it an Evil fetish?" - The thought made me chuckle so I thought I would share it.

Best,
GiveAndReceive
GiveAndReceive
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

Next

Return to Fetishes

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views