Our partner

Thoughts on someone's self-evaluation, please

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Re: Thoughts on someone's self-evaluation, please

Postby Nyyx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Having an external voice talking to you inside your head is not the same as an inner monologue. And IMHO suggests She has bigger problems than a PD.

I think you are fully aware of what your letting yourself in for. So I am not sure what your looking for.

I will say to you the same thing I say to anyone who is embarking on a relationship.

You can only get with someone as they are. NOT in the hopes they will change..
If you get with her, knowing all her failings and issues, then you don't get to complain about them, or expect her to make changes. Or punish her when she doesn't.

It wood be a bit different if you didn't already know her....But you do.

I wish you all the best, whatever you decide.
I Don't Care What You Think of Me, I Don't Think of You at All.
CoCo Chanel
Nyyx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Thoughts on someone's self-evaluation, please

Postby Christee » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:40 am

Sounds like a battle you aren't going to win. That's a statement you can't argue with and if she really believes that you are not going to convince her otherwise.
I don't know how to get people who need help to get help. I wish I did. Does anyone out there know?
Christee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post