Our partner

Have confronted N - week of ST - now the big talk

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Re: Have confronted N - week of ST - now the big talk

Postby Rocky71 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Foolforyou wrote:Thankyou, I will check it out

He doesn't have any self harm traits or anything like that.

What he does do is buy his ex partners houses. I find this very odd. On one occasion where he was ending the relationship for the millionth time he offered to buy me a house. I said "er no thanks, I've got a house"

He lies an awful lot too - he lies when the truth would do. And I think sometimes he genuinely believes his own lies

He has lots of good qualities too or I wouldn't want to be with him. He's very successful professionally but I have heard him speak about his elder more successful brothers and he said he feels intimidated by them.

He's quite complicated and hard to understand . We don't seem to be able to live either with or without each other

Sounds like a Cerebral Narcissist. You might want to do some research on their relationship with women.

Here is Vaknin's take.

http://samvak.tripod.com/6.html
Rocky71
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby VioletAasA » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Foolforyou wrote:
I think the only questions I really want an answer to is "does he want me to leave him?"

I think this is the wrong question.

The question you should ask is 'what do I want', IMO.
Once you are clear with what you want and what you don't want, that puts you into responsibility for your own decisions, and this whole thread may be about that. You don't want to be responsible, or you don't want to face dificult decisions.

You are bitting around bush to avoid your own pain for not getting what you want, IMO.

Meanwhile, you may want to read about NPD/BPD attraction. There are several threads, and a lot af insights about the dynamic of unhealthy relationships.
VioletAasA
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Ada » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Moved to a more appropriate forum. Please PM me if you have any questions about that. :D
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Charlie Chaplain in The Great Dictator
Ada
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby Foolforyou » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Silent treatment and rage

Guess I asked for that

I don't want to love him anymore , he makes me miserable, but I cant stop it
Foolforyou