Our partner

ED problem from St Johns Wort - Please help!

An open discussion on Erectile Dysfunction.

ED problem from St Johns Wort - Please help!

Postby Daxe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi, wonder if anyone can help.

I currently take St John's Wort for anxiety & depression, im 2 weeks into it with good results. Since taking this supplement i have developed Erectile Dysfunction, i have gone from mild PE to ED, i struggle to get an erection and when i do it doesnt last long, the erection seems alot weaker to, i am 99% convinced this is a side effect of the St Johns wort as it acts similar to prescribed SSRIs and ED is a common side effect of them drugs.

I dont wish to stop SJW yet as its results are impressive so i am looking for a solution to counteract the problem.
Has any 1 had similar problems as a result of SJW? I have been looking at L-Arginine supplement but i'm not sure if this is safe to mix with SJW and if it will actually work. :? Any advise is appreciated :o
Daxe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: ED problem from St Johns Wort - Please help!

Postby jasmin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi, Daxe! I'm sorry, but if you want advice about what medication you have to take, you really should talk to a doctor. It's not good to experiment on your own.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: ED problem from St Johns Wort - Please help!

Postby chocolatetops » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:06 am

I agree with Jasmin, it is so easy for us to do self help medication and home remedy with medical condition left unknown for its origin. We really don't know if SJW is causing the problem or it is just a coincidence. Better visit your doctor and ask for his recommended treatment. If you were right with your diagnosis, there are a lot of ways to deal with ED. Just be open minded to try what will truly work for your self.
chocolatetops
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Erectile Dysfunction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post