Our partner

Methadone

Drug Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Methadone

Postby Sonseearae » Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 pm

I want to go to the methadone clinic.

I live in the United States, in a state who has aggressively gone after doctors who prescribe pain pills. I am a fifty year old man who has myasthenia gravis, chronic pain syndrome, neuropathy, chronic degenerative disc disease, two crushed discs in my neck - along with a bunch of other things that don't cause pain.

My state is experimenting with the idea that doctors cannot prescribe pain meds for people who have chronic pain because that will create addicts. So, the very people who need them the most, can't get them. Doctors are supposed to treat chronic pain by using anti-inflammatories (like ibuprofen) and anti-depressants (like amitriptyline).

Here's a few other things you may need to know to comment: Myasthenia gravis eventually leads to death. I am an addict who, on May 10th, celebrated 23 years clean and sober. I cannot move out of state for complicated reasons; but this is not negotiable or possible.

The level of pain cannot be understated. This week for instance, I was hit with a wave of pain so intense that I threw u the second it hit me. I've passed out from the pain once this week. Last night I got hit with one and threw up in my sleep.

Since I can't get pain meds and absolutely cannot live like this any longer, I made a call to the methadone clinic. Turns out they won't take me either because I am not an active addict. I really don't want to go get street drugs so that the methadone clinic can find it in my system so they'll help. Any other suggestions?
People confuse passionate with crazy all the time. Just to be clear, I am bat-$#%^ passionate.
Sonseearae
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Drug Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post