Our partner

Battling heroin addiction

Drug Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Battling heroin addiction

Postby rob_kc » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi, I'm new here. My name is Rob. I was addicted to heroin for over 2 years. It has caused a lot of problems in my life and I still have trouble finding jobs because of it to this day. I have been on suboxone for the past 3 years to stop the cravings. I'm really eager to finally stop the subs so I can officaily start my sober date. (I don't really consider using subs being 'clean'). Can anyone give me advice as to how it's going to be? Has anyone been on suboxone for that long? Will my cravings for the heroin come back? Thanks for the advice/input!

-Rob
rob_kc
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Battling heroin addiction

Postby SunnyHours » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Hey Rob!
I'm also quite new here but I've fought opiate addiction just like you, and I actually won.
The hardest for me was to get clean...I was using about 7mg of Fentanyl per day IV. So the withdrawals were horrible, but I went through them because I couldn't see my doc fast enough before I ran out. Even though withdrawing was truly hell, I see it as a good decision and I'm trying hard not to destroy my 30 days clean.
One thing that helps me a lot is thinking about the withdrawals and how much that hurt my mother since she went through it with me.
Also, I can't drink more than 1 beer or I get cravings. Right now I don't really have any cravings. I think about chipping once in a while but not having a dealer close by or a number really helps that.
That's pretty much all I can think about, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask! :mrgreen:
I'm actually happy most of the time instead of just being "content" :P
SunnyHours
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Drug Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post