Our partner

my opiate rollercoaster

Drug Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

my opiate rollercoaster

Postby username87 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:43 am

After several attempts at quitting, I'm posting on this board for advice. It all started about a year ago with what turned out to be gallbladder issues that were causing me some pain so I got a script from the doc for Norco 7.5's yada yada yada after about a year of fighting with my insurance company my gallbladder has now been removed and my tolerance/addiction to pain killers has reached epic porportions. I'm up to about 100-150mg per day everyday of hydrocodone. I've tried quiting twice now with not a lot of success. I really do want to be rid of this but I'll make it to day 2 being quite sick and relapse I'm afraid I'll never get free. 2 days ago my wife threatened to leave me over my addiction ( we have been married right about a month now, been together 3 years ) how can I possibly be screwing up thing so badly I want my life back. I've proven to myself I don't have the self discipline to taper off, if I go cold turkey I get sick and start using again. I don't wanna get hooked on stronger drugs trying to quit hydrocodone( suboxone, or methadone). What the hell do people do to escape this? I've looked into the Thomas recipe but the number one thing in it is the addition of a benzo that I have no Idea how to get my hands on. Do I just go to a doctor, or a shrink and say hey I'm a pill head worthless addict give me different drugs? I have a good life and I just want to keep it and lose the drugs.
username87
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Drug Addiction