Our partner

Just started smoking weed again....

Drug Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Just started smoking weed again....

Postby AManOnMeds » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:04 am

It had been almost 3 years since I had smoked, until 4 days ago and last night.

I have Schizo-Affective Disorder and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. The former being the big problem in this case. I really don't think it was a good idea for me to smoke weed again. I have researched a little bit and have found that smoking marijuana can be harmful for people who already have a mental illness. So at this point, I'm pretty scared. I feel a lot different, my brain is in a fog. My body doesn't want to move. HELP ME!!!!

AMOM
AManOnMeds
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Just started smoking weed again....

Postby Oliveira » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:50 am

Hello,

sorry, I only see your post now. I hope you are alright.

It is true indeed that marijuana + mental illness = bad combination. One-off session shouldn't have harmed you much unless you did something to yourself in a panic attack though. I suggest you do not smoke again though. Nothing good will come out of this. Marijuana has got medical uses, but I have never heard about it being helpful with any mental disorder.

Big hug and please let us know how you are doing.
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

Postby AManOnMeds » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:31 pm

I just smoked again today for the 3rd time in a week. I NEED TO STOP.
AManOnMeds
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

Postby P0ci » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:48 pm

If you insist on smoking. And this is in my experience, Im also schizo affective or so they claim. What I do know and this was shown on a documentary on british BBC. That THC itself even if your not "mentall ill" can be hell. In the study they injected a woman with pure THC and she said it was a horrible feeling, like being as a funeral. On the other hand the next day they gave her an injection of THC with CBD which is another chemical found in cannabis and she said it was great and having fun. The conclusion is that CBD actually has an anti psychotic effect and counters the bad tripiness of THC. I noticed this myself, I personally am taking a nice break from cannabis for a while. Before when I smoked Sativa dominant strain I would trip out, but if I happened to get indicas which generally have higher CBD levels I liked it. More of a body high that puts you to sleep.
P0ci
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

Return to Drug Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post