Our partner

Help not feeling crazy.

Open Discussions About Domestic Abuse.

Moderators: seabreezeblue, Terry E.

Help not feeling crazy.

Postby Hurtinghusband » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:46 am

Hi everyone.

For the past 6 years I have been dealing with regular occasions of mental and physical abuse from my wife. Shouting, telling me she wants a divorce if I criticise her or disagree with her, systematically belittling most of what I do or sayĺ, constantly informing me she doesn't get enough sex from me. She will just change all of a sudden, to this cold calculating person who can tear apart everything about me and laugh at me and tell me im pathetic and a poor excuse for a man when im sitting in a corner crying with my head in my hands because I can't take the abuse coming from the person who is supposed to love me. I've also had two broken bones as a result of her assaults on me. Then afterwards, she will apologise, but shift the focus, so that when she's been abusive, if I have sworn at her because of what she was doing or called her a name such as an idiot whilst shes being abusive, then she makes out that I'm abusive to her, and that she can't cope with me calling her names, or swearing at her. I just end up feeling guilty because ive expressed sorrow or hurt. Im starting to feel like im going crazy. I really dont want to talk to someone in real life about it because i do believe she can get better, and i dont want my friends or family to think less of her. I guess i just want to say to someone who might understand how I'm feeling.
Hurtinghusband
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help not feeling crazy.

Postby Terry E. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:27 am

Saw my mother do that to my father for 7 years, she opened him up at times and sometimes her would strike back. A very gentle peaceful man, acting totally out of character. Violence by women on men is quite common although very seldom ever talked about for cultural reasons in the west. Violence by men can be usually far more dangerous, but violence by women may be close to the same. You are not alone.

Do you have children ??

Why do you think she can get better..?
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:30 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Help not feeling crazy.

Postby Kkmarie0602 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:11 am

I understand what you are going through. While I am not dealing with the physical aspects of it, I am dealing with the mental aspects of abuse. Each time, it gets turned on me and I am blamed for my emotional disorders being the cause of the problems which makes me question if I am doing this to myself. I've tried talking to friends about it, but they tell me to just leave and I don't want to because I know my partner isn't usually like this and he's usually a good person, but I am at my wits end. Dealing with these things are difficult and you're never really sure how long to hold on for and I'm not sure how much longer I can withstand my situation.
Kkmarie0602
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Domestic Violence

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post