Our partner

Should I file a police report in this case?

Open Discussions About Domestic Abuse.

Moderators: seabreezeblue, Terry E.

Should I file a police report in this case?

Postby harmonica » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:51 am

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, so my fault if I picked the wrong one.

Basically I met this woman on a dating site and we chatted back and forth for a few weeks. We then agreed to meet up, but she had a spur the moment idea of a change of plans. Basically instead of meeting in a public place, she suggested I come to her place to watch a movie and hang out. I agreed after thinking about it, which was a mistake.

So as we are talking and I am on the way there, I stopped to pick up some drinks for us. Then I went there, and found out she was into drugs and crystal meth and stuff like that. So I just made up an excuse after chatting for a bit, and tried to get out of there.

She locked the doors, and kept fought me to keep me from leaving to and kept screaming for someone specific to come and help her. I don't know who's name she was calling out, but maybe someone lived with her, or near her in another apartment, or maybe she was just bluffing and no one was there. So after having to fight her I left the drinks, which is what she was after, fought her off and left.

It's been a couple of days since and needed to regain my composure over the whole thing since I feel very shaken up and humiliated and hurt over it. So I am wondering if I should file a report. I probably do not have enough evidence of an assault that would stick to charges, but I was thinking maybe I should still file a report, that I was attacked and held against my will, locked in a place, by a crystal meth possessor/user.

What do you think I should do?
harmonica
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Should I file a police report in this case?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:53 pm

This is a tough call. I have in the past tried to file a report on my next door neighbor as harassing me. I didn't end up doing it based on the fact that if I ever had a negative encounter with him again, then I would file a report. Since after that incident they have moved and I feel safe again. I don't know that I have an exact answer for you, but you need to do what feels right to you. And if feeling safe means reporting this case, then maybe you should. Like I said, it's a tough call. Remember too, that you may be involved with this case if it goes further than just a reported incident because of the drug use and all that. So just keep that in mind that you may have to deal with that person again. Just a minor detail you should keep in mind. You can ask this question before filing the report and know more information, so that you can make a good decision. Good luck.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (66)

Re: Should I file a police report in this case?

Postby harmonica » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Okay thanks. The thing I am embarrassed about showing is the text message, cause after I escaped I sent her some which were very rude and insulting since I was upset and angry towards her because of it. I feel it might hurt my case, but maybe I should just accept it and report it anyway.

-- Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:28 pm --

Okay thanks. The thing I am embarrassed about showing is the text message, cause after I escaped I sent her some which were very rude and insulting since I was upset and angry towards her because of it. I feel it might hurt my case, but maybe I should just accept it and report it anyway.
harmonica
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Domestic Violence

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post