Our partner

Is this just me?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Is this just me?

Postby w4rp3dh4l0 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 am

Do you ever find yourself having the SAME GOSH DARN PROBLEMS ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME?! Do you stuble over the same EXACT problems daily? Is there just a point at which logic can't reach you and you're "stuck"? Do you make mountains out of molehills or worse, make problems for yourself? Or is it just me?
MOUTH, Kayte JoanellePerfect Joan **Will update as more pick colors.**
w4rp3dh4l0
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this just me?

Postby salted lipstick » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 am

Nope it's definitely not just you. Sometimes I feel like I'm just hitting a brick wall with the same stuff all the time also. It can get pretty annoying to feel so stuck.

I think to some extent it's just our perception though... If you actually take a snapshot of how things have been for you over say the past year or two, it is possible to reflect on the fact that things usually are steadily improving. It's just really really hard to see on a day to day basis.

Sometimes if I can't see myself improving, I ask a friend what has changed for me over a longer period of time. It is helpful to sometimes have someone else say that they can see improvement in you and what it is. Having that feedback helps me feel more positive about the day to day battles because it helps me realise that I am actually moving forward, even if I don't always realise it.
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum