Our partner

DID word meanings and common acronyms

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: DID word meanings and common acronyms

Postby salted lipstick » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm

dianezz wrote: Are EPs the others who hold the emotions? Are ANPS the ones who are unaware of the bad stuff and therefore have better functioning in the outer world?
Yeah I think that's essentially the guts of this particular concept. There was a long and in depth discussion about this stuff a while ago, I tried to search it for you to put a link if you wanted to read more about it but for some reason the search feature is not working at the moment. So maybe give it a go using the search feature later to have a look to read more posts about this if you are interested, or it might warrant you creating a thread to ask for more details if you want (otherwise it would be easy to get sidetracked here talking about this big topic I think).

And any way, it's not like you have to be intellectual or articulate to join and speak here... Everything in our healing journey is about discovery and learning, that journey doesn't require any particular qualities before getting started or talking...
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Projective identification

Postby Una+ » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Projective identification is the unconscious pushing of "unacceptable" parts of yourself into another person, who then is likely to experience your "unacceptable" thoughts and feelings as their own. The other person may even be induced to act out.

See our thread Projective identification and DID.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Postby MrTweed » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:10 am

Thank you so much, just learning these different acronyms has helped me to understand a lot about my girlfriend, ive been with her for nearly 4 years now and we've always assumed she was just an extreme sleepwalker with multiple personalities. Looking at that list clears up a few things (certain characteristics which some of her alters have)

Thank you thank you thank you
MrTweed
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Postby SwitchWear » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 am

Here's is a list quite similar with some minor variations.
Alter: Alternate personality, not the natural born person but one created
Being Out/Driver: The alter who is in control of the body Co-consciousness: Aware of others/alters personalities and their actions
Dissociative Identify Disorder: Formerly known as multiple personality disorder. Diagnosed when there is a presence of two or more district personalities
Host: the person who is the natural born personality…
house, system, network, world etc. Used to describe where the alternate personalities are at inside. Also used to describe the entire group of alters
Integration: The merging of all the personalities into one. A convoluted issue. It is the ideal situation for true healing
Littles: The children inside
Multiple: 2 or more personalities Personality: Used to describe a person in a multiple system
Round Table Discussion/Board Meeting: A place where all the alters meet inside to discuss problems, rules and ask questions
Seether: An alter drive by anger and rage.
Shape-Shifter: Subhuman nature spirits with no inherent form that are able to “change according to their whim and the mind that sees them.” (YB Yeats/Toolband)
Singleton: A person who does not have more than on personality
Survivor: A person who overcame and survived child abuse
Switching: The act on one personality taking over for another
Trigger: Something that caused a switch, panic that stems from memories of abuse. It could be a small touch or sound
White Out: Having vague recollection while an alter is out, like looking through the clouds an hearing voices in the distance
SwitchWear
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:45 am

Postby FumiRawR » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:41 am

Sorry since the last post was 2 years ago if this bothers anyone but does anyone know what kinderkin means in this? I see it a lot lately. Also, I have trouble communicating with my alters at all. Almost all of the time all I hear is kind of a buzzing and usually I think in pictures so does/did anyone else go through this? I know they're there because sometimes I hear them and my friends notice distinct changes a lot even though I'm almost always hosting. If anyone had this communication problem and fixed it can you tell me how?
Unofficial: OCD, DDNOS/DID, ADHD, tourrettes, etc.
Official: hypochondriac, depression, dyslexia
:3:
At least 7 alters, probably more unknown.
FumiRawR
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 am

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post