Our partner

wacky physical changes, like vision

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: salted lipstick, Partial

wacky physical changes, like vision

Postby Johnny-Jack » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:21 am

Has anyone gone through any physical changes as your alters get into communication or as your system shifts?

I'm trying to hold on to a beneficial one right now. A few weeks after Jack joined us among the awake, it dawned on us that our vision had radically improved, maybe going from 20/85 to 20/35 or something. Then, maybe 2-3 weeks ago, it was just as bad as ever again. Yesterday, Jack railed a bit about how bad his vision was, like my bad vision had overridden his. Today, we notice once more, all our vision is great again. This is not our imagination, it's easy to gauge by assessing the clarity of a STOP sign or leaves in a treetop. We're looking for clues as to what happened to see if we can keep this good vision. Was it just Jack wishing for it back?!?

I know this is not unprecedented among multiples. One YouTube video, a multiple personality disorder documentary, which many have probably seen, shows a woman who has a severe physiological blindness, yet one or more alters have complete, normal vision. I recall hearing somewhere one alter could play a violin but during integration that talent disappeared.
John(ny) academic, Sphinx gatekeeper, Marc 46 noble
Aaron 44 logger, Jonathan 33 suit, Quato 19 rebel
Dan 15 jock, Faolán 14 detacher, Nigel 12 reader
Jack 11 hillbilly, Ty 10 Brit, Brody 9 AllAm
Luke 8 farmboy, Chase 7 rich, Carter 6 softheart, Greg 6 sad
Inky 5 jumble, Johann, Hansel 4 twins, Max 3½ freeze
Little John 3 quiet, Ashár 2 wolfdog, Henry 2 lost
Edward 1½ knight, Zeb 1 baby, Adam 8mo core
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (14)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: wacky physical changes, like vision

Postby NeedHelp1234 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 am

Some of us inside have better/worse artistic skills than the others. I know that some times a few years ago I'd suddenly have no skill in drawing, almost unable to draw anything, and it was so frustrating! I'm pretty good at drawing and painting, but I think Rossy, Emily and Jack have limited abilities in that department. It was much easier to understand after I met them that I wasn't going crazy and that the "talent" can vary between all of us. We all have different styles too, so our "portfolio" would look like several different people made the pictures. Pretty freaky for me :?.

Some of our eyesight is pretty different, too. Saimi wears reading glasses but not regular glasses like I do, and Vicky's vision is pretty good compared to mine. I believe there is another female inside somewhere that none of us know much about who is perpetually pregnant. Every so often I have SEVERE pregnancy symptoms (morning sickness, heightened sense of smell, missed menses despite being on birth control for years, and paranoia that no amount of negative pregnancy tests can subdue). It's so frustrating for all of us!

The mind is very intense and full of mysteries. I hope you're all doing well with the vision changes. Maybe have glasses on you at all times just in case it shifts again?
NeedHelp1234
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby broken_mirror » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

We have lots of changes in our system, one of the most notable being lactose intolerance.
Some of us have it and some of us don't.

There are chemical 'switches' in our DNA that are turned on and off by switching I believe.
We each have a different chemical makeup. I know that my pets were able to smell whenever
I switched, and I give off a specific smell when I switch as well.
broken_mirror
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Postby intentional~breather » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Some of us have very different vision. Blood work is dependant on who is present when it is drawn, (anemia, uti's, absorption of medication checks, etc.) EEG's have different results as well.

We have not explored this at any length because of the energy we are needing for therapy right now but we know for sure that this does exsist.

Perhaps your therapist might be able to help you so that you can maintain better vision?
~Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all~
intentional~breather
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby sev0n » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:50 am

My vision changes all the time. It drives me nuts. I gave up on even getting an eye glass prescription filled again. :(

I usually actually have to take off my bifocals to read. :lol:

I know this happens and my different alters have different temperatures.

How is it things like this can happen? It makes no sense?

Broken "There are chemical 'switches' in our DNA that are turned on and off by switching I believe.
We each have a different chemical makeup. I know that my pets were able to smell whenever
I switched, and I give off a specific smell when I switch as well."

I would like to know much more about this. It sounds fascinating!
sev0n
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby yakusoku » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:48 am

Some of us inside have better/worse artistic skills than the others. I know that some times a few years ago I'd suddenly have no skill in drawing, almost unable to draw anything, and it was so frustrating!

Yes to this. I'm not a great artist, but there are definitely varying degrees of talent depending on who is up front. Also, when I "quarantined" certain parts for some years, I lost the ability to do creative writing. My internal poet (16, still doesn't have a name) wreaks havoc, because she's very hopeless, alone and self-destructive, so I had to put her away (not even knowing yet that she was a part and not just a feeling). I couldn't write poetry or fiction and had minimal success with other creative assignments. Then, suddenly therapy brought her out and I could just write again. I realized all my writing was her "telling" me the words.

The other day, I went without my glasses for about two or three hours before suddenly realizing things were blurry and I didn't have them on. I don't know for sure if my vision was better, because I was just moving around my house, but I realized that while I always seem to need them for driving, there are times I can go about my day at home without using them at all and others I cannot. Also, I was in a clinical trial for contacts at my eye doctors this year and three different appointments, the doctor got different results/answers on which prescription was clearest for me. I know some of my parts were responding to him, as I got some weird transference feelings toward him like I do toward my therapist, which is weird, as I see this guy every other year, and only for about six years now, so I don't know him that well. It literally did not occur to me how much trouble he was having until now...I could be reading into it, though. I'm sure it's normal. He did seem a little annoyed at one point saying, "You identified a completely different prescription last time." He was also pretty amazed that my eyes seemed to have gotten better than the previous year at one appointment. Interesting possibilities, for sure.
Yaku | ISH: OO; CT; Taylor | Michael (denial); Melanthe (control); Angel (shame masochist); __ (annihilation) | Robby (protector - 17); Sara (poet - 16); Rose (social - 15); Sam (tomboy - 10); Sonya (shame - 9); River (7); LY (hub - 6); Luke (disbelieved - 5); Grace (4); Mason and Claire (D-attachment - 2); Hana (1.5).
yakusoku
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Postby realmofsoftdelusions » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 am

I have vision issues as well. Often I have to take off my glasses because they are "too strong", however I can't see without them either, as if my eyesight is bad but not as bad as my normal prescription. This is some kind of blending thing for me, I think, and I don't know if any specific alters have different eyesight when I completely switch and lose time. In most of my therapy sessions I repeatedly put on/take off my glasses trying to be able to see anywhere close to clearly.

Also I am nearsighted (far vision is blurry) + astigmatism but sometimes randomly have problems reading close up, it's weird and usually only lasts for a minute or two.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

Dx: MDD, PTSD, DID
realmofsoftdelusions
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Postby broken_mirror » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Hey tylas, about the "on and off" switches in our DNA that changes our chemical composition.

This is pretty much what I've figured out and put together on my own, I don't know how much of it is actually
related to DID, but it seems to be correct!

We can make proteins and different things for our body. Identical twins, with the exact same DNA can have different
"switches" turned on and off. One twin could not be producing insulin and become diabetic. The other could have
no problem. These same "switches" are what they're trying to turn off when cancer starts.
But what turns on or turns off these switches in the first place?

With dissociative identity disorder our switches change depending on who is awake.
Our body becomes lactose intolerant with different alters (stop producing lactose) and we give off that smell I mentioned
when we change. Our chemical composition changes. That's probably why everyone is reporting having different
blood tests and different perscriptions.

But how does one just turn off switches at will? Is it even possible? Yes, it definitely is. Dolphins have been observed in nature to turn on and turn off diabetes at will. When dolphins feast or fast they need to change their chemical composition so that they can survive. Thus when they're fasting they need to have sugar going through their blood to feed their big brains.
Below is the article about this!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/72693 ... -cure.html

So what we've accomplished with DID is the ability to turn on and turn off these switches when we in fact switch.
It's possible that since we're using different parts of our brain (as seen on the EEG) different parts would be affected.
In my system we have seemingly learned to control brain function in a way that people normally don't (we have learned
to control things in our body that are normally unconscious) ....actually writing this I think I remember learning
how I became lactose intolerant, as well.
Because we've learned to turn on and turn off different parts of our brain so that we don't have to remember, or
don't have to feel, etc, this is probably the source of the chemical changes.
It would be amazing for us to learn exactly how it's done.

It all seems to make sense and all the 'strange changes' that we go through suddenly don't seem so strange.

My two cents!
broken_mirror
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Postby Johnny-Jack » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Just an update. The day after the day of great vision, it was back to bad again. Today Jack tried to will it to get better. He calmed himself, focused, tried a few different things with his mental state or something and lo and behold it got noticeably better as he was walking. Not the excellent vision of the other day, but definitely improved as we walked. I would never have believed this was possible if we hadn't just experience it today. It sounds very much like science fiction to me. Well it is mind control. Vision is something that seems so stable, yet Jack was trying to improve it and he was able to. We haven't tried whether the improved vision stuck or whether without his focus it went away. Gosh, I want that good vision back, it makes the world look so much better.

Okay, not so much scifi. I recall there are vision improvement programs that work on exercising eye muscles so not so mysterious perhaps.
John(ny) academic, Sphinx gatekeeper, Marc 46 noble
Aaron 44 logger, Jonathan 33 suit, Quato 19 rebel
Dan 15 jock, Faolán 14 detacher, Nigel 12 reader
Jack 11 hillbilly, Ty 10 Brit, Brody 9 AllAm
Luke 8 farmboy, Chase 7 rich, Carter 6 softheart, Greg 6 sad
Inky 5 jumble, Johann, Hansel 4 twins, Max 3½ freeze
Little John 3 quiet, Ashár 2 wolfdog, Henry 2 lost
Edward 1½ knight, Zeb 1 baby, Adam 8mo core
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby sev0n » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:56 am

Thanks Broken! That is so fascinating! All the others things about DID makes sense to me, but that part has eluded me entirely! I am glad to see an explanation for it!
sev0n
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (12)

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post