Our partner

Life doesnt seem... Real anymore.

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: salted lipstick

Life doesnt seem... Real anymore.

Postby Ricky... » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:37 pm

So, for the past month or so, Life has not seemed real at all.
Everythings fuzzy and hazy, nothing seems real.
I realize that its not a dream, or is it?
I can't focus on anything, and all my grades are falling.
How do i wake myself up?

(sorry i wrote this in a hurry, gotta get to drivers ed).

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i don't know what to call this...)
Sigh...
Ricky...
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Life doesnt seem... Real anymore.

Postby Nessieblack10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Ricky,

We definitely know what you're talking about. This is derealization, and it happens to us fairly often. Do you have DID? If so, checking in with your alters might be a good start. Our derealization often comes from alters wanting to come out after being cooped up all day, since only a couple can come out in public without causing issues. They get super talkative and excited, and that tends to make everything outside fuzzy and unreal. If you don't have DID, maybe seeing a therapist would help to sort out what's going on.

We checked, and unfortunately there isn't a derealization forum here. I (Katie) thought I'd seen one, but apparently not. So I guess our advice is to do some introspection, get a good look at your life, especially at the events around the time the fuzziness started. That, and/or possibly see a therapist. They might be able to help, or at the very least figure out why you're experiencing derealization.

-Katie and Bob
Nessieblack10
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:25 am

Postby Ricky... » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I don't know, i havent been to a doctor recently, so i havent asked him about it.
I looked up DID, it seems like i might have it.
I'll look up derealization, see what thats like.
It does kinda seem like i may have 2 personalities.
If so, that could explain ALOT to me. :p.
The fuzzy/dizzyness is annoying. Its really hard to read the computer screen. And when i look away everythings fuzzy too. And its hard to focus when i stare at something.
Its really weird.
Today during the rest of my classes i'll try and figure out when this started happening.
Thanks.
Sigh...
Ricky...
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Ricky... » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Nessieblack10 wrote:Hi Ricky,

We definitely know what you're talking about. This is derealization, and it happens to us fairly often. Do you have DID? If so, checking in with your alters might be a good start. Our derealization often comes from alters wanting to come out after being cooped up all day, since only a couple can come out in public without causing issues. They get super talkative and excited, and that tends to make everything outside fuzzy and unreal. If you don't have DID, maybe seeing a therapist would help to sort out what's going on.

We checked, and unfortunately there isn't a derealization forum here. I (Katie) thought I'd seen one, but apparently not. So I guess our advice is to do some introspection, get a good look at your life, especially at the events around the time the fuzziness started. That, and/or possibly see a therapist. They might be able to help, or at the very least figure out why you're experiencing derealization.

-Katie and Bob

I think it started happening after i went to a counselor/therapist for attempting suicide..
I looked up Derealization and DID, they both sound right.
What should i do.
Sigh...
Ricky...
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby pob » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:56 am

Hi Ricky,
If you can you should try to keep talking to the counselor, and hopefully you can share your thoughts about DID. Or maybe you can talk to your doctor, and try to rule out physical causes for the dizziness. You should not take a suicide attempt lightly. See if you can find someone (inside yourself, I mean, in this case) who wants to support you, and make sure this goes in the right direction. Do you know what else you are feeling besides dizziness? Are you able to pay attention to subtle thoughts, feelings, reactions, images that are happening, and maybe understand a little bit more about what is going on?
And then, whatever you are comfortable with, share it here, or with friends, counselor, family....people that you think are safe?
Hope that gives you an idea.
pob
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Ricky... » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:23 pm

pob wrote:Hi Ricky,
If you can you should try to keep talking to the counselor, and hopefully you can share your thoughts about DID. Or maybe you can talk to your doctor, and try to rule out physical causes for the dizziness. You should not take a suicide attempt lightly. See if you can find someone (inside yourself, I mean, in this case) who wants to support you, and make sure this goes in the right direction. Do you know what else you are feeling besides dizziness? Are you able to pay attention to subtle thoughts, feelings, reactions, images that are happening, and maybe understand a little bit more about what is going on?
And then, whatever you are comfortable with, share it here, or with friends, counselor, family....people that you think are safe?
Hope that gives you an idea.
Its pretty hard to concentrate in class. And i often come up with random thoughts (Some disturbing you could say. I.e. Stabbing people.. ect.) My feelings twordards others varys every day. Its really hard on me with my feelings/reactions changing everyday. I noticed i'm starting to drift out of the crowd again, and just be silent.
Sigh...
Ricky...
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby pob » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Its pretty hard to concentrate in class. And i often come up with random thoughts (Some disturbing you could say. I.e. Stabbing people.. ect.) My feelings twordards others varys every day. Its really hard on me with my feelings/reactions changing everyday. I noticed i'm starting to drift out of the crowd again, and just be silent.

Do you know what makes it hard to concentrate in class?
I know the random thoughts... Some part of you may be angry, which can be really hard to deal with. They are letting you know something is not right and something needs to be done. They're like flags wanting your attention.
Changing feelings is pretty normal, and you can start just observing them, noticing them, and noticing your reactions to them. Drifting out means you don't feel safe or are not accepting what is coming up. Just start noticing that. And try to find someone who you can start talking to...
pob
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Ricky... » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:37 pm

pob wrote:

Do you know what makes it hard to concentrate in class?
I know the random thoughts... Some part of you may be angry, which can be really hard to deal with. They are letting you know something is not right and something needs to be done. They're like flags wanting your attention.
Changing feelings is pretty normal, and you can start just observing them, noticing them, and noticing your reactions to them. Drifting out means you don't feel safe or are not accepting what is coming up. Just start noticing that. And try to find someone who you can start talking to...

Okay, ill try.
ever since i posted this thread, it seemed to have gotten a little better, like just identifying it helped.
Sigh...
Ricky...
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post