Our partner

How To Reveal Unknown Alter(s) Name

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

How To Reveal Unknown Alter(s) Name

Postby babaluba321 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:44 pm

We are DID. Been stable for years. Forgot how to get an unknown alter to reveal their name, age, and job. We need that data to stabilize them. He/she/they have made themselves known that they exist. Can anyone out the in DID world help?

One of the moderators is called Bert The Turtle. We are female but have more male alters than female. When the males are hot they did not understand why they couldn't simply take their shirts off. Had to teach them public versus private. Also came up with explaining DID to littles we are a turtle, full of bodies but only one head with a girl's body. Each one gets to stick their head out whenever they want to. So we call our system the Turtle or Turtle central. Just wondering if Bert the Turtle has the "turtle condition" too? :D
babaluba321
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How To Reveal Unknown Alter(s) Name

Postby Johnny-Jack » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:08 pm

I have an imaginary scenario that keeps turning up about ways to let an unmet alter know that things are different now, safe. We imagine what we would do if we were in the basement or any dark place in a building and we had the sense that someone was there, beyond the lit part, out of sight. We sense they don't mean us harm, they're scared or just avoid everyone from habit.

We imagine we would say something, address them directly first. Later just talk aloud as if to someone general. We'd say things like we'd like to meet somebody, we're safe, who we are, why we're there, anything that might put someone's mind at ease. If we didn't sense any change, we might leave a note, tell them when we'll stop by again. Then we'd do that. We might leave some food, something interesting to look at or play with, a comfortable blanket. If there could be a language barrier we'd leave a book or printout with pictures of nice people doing safe, pleasant things together. Doing these things in your own home could help. It's about the message you want to send.

I'm suggesting the name, age and job may not come out of a first encounter. You made need to follow their rules for how to get to know them. You'll get the rest of the info when they're ready.
Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of 78 alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn

Forum rules
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (45)

Postby littleDaria » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:52 pm

We gave our new alter a name. She is downright scary too. She is really pi**ed off! We think she's nine years old.
OSSD, PTSD, ASD The Collective | Host: Daria
Aloysius ?, Pixie ?, Tee 3, Closet Girl 3 1/2, Mouse 5, Ghost ?, Bones 5, Bedroom Girl ?, School Girl ?, Alia 6, Ophelia 8, Marianetta age slider, Willow 10, Kitty 11, Mal 12, Aria 12, Simone 14, Rowan 15, Dennis 16, Naomi 17, The Mocking Voice, Long Armed Monsters
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Postby Johnny-Jack » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 am

She's not upset because you chose a name for her or because of the name you chose, is she?

We've been told a couple names which we had to reject (too dark). One alter changed the name he always had and a couple rejected ones we started calling them.
Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of 78 alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn

Forum rules
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (45)

Postby littleDaria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 am

MEEP. Didn't think of that. Her rage is pretty unspecific though. She's pissed off at remembering everything she does (which is pretty horrible f****ing stuff) and blames US for some reason.

Someone mentioned "Bert the Turtle". I LOVE that name.
OSSD, PTSD, ASD The Collective | Host: Daria
Aloysius ?, Pixie ?, Tee 3, Closet Girl 3 1/2, Mouse 5, Ghost ?, Bones 5, Bedroom Girl ?, School Girl ?, Alia 6, Ophelia 8, Marianetta age slider, Willow 10, Kitty 11, Mal 12, Aria 12, Simone 14, Rowan 15, Dennis 16, Naomi 17, The Mocking Voice, Long Armed Monsters
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post