Our partner

Missing Time/Terms?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Missing Time/Terms?

Postby Raindrops » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:38 am

So Lee-Anne and I (Illy) have been rather co-conscious lately trying to host together to get through our days at our new job and duties at home (Lee-Anne thinks the boyfriend should help out more). It's been difficult and I have noticed that I/we? have been dissociating at work quite a bit. Then once we are at home we are exhausted, so sometimes the dissociating continues. Every so often I notice missing time.
For example, earlier this evening Lee-Anne interrupted a text conversation with a friend to finish a PM here saying "give me 5 minutes." It was about an hour later that I realized I replied to my friend. Needless to say I was a bit ticked off.

I am terrified of missing information & screwing up yet another job! I'm not sure how to keep track of missing time when I'm stuck in the training classroom all day. I'm not sure if it's because we get run down & just dissociate? Or if I am losing time because Lee-Anne is bored and kicking me out? If that's the case, I don't know how to set terms for this because I thought we were working towards the same thing? But going about it like this just isn't cool.
The good thing is I'm likely to be more engaged on the job, however I still notice the memory being a slight speed bump.
Does anyone have any advice on how to keep track of time or keep myself more grounded in a work/training type situation? Advice/opinions on how to go about setting terms for personal time fronting and for work?

Please & thank you!
Primary:Illy- adult co-host, original?; Lee-Anne- protector/ co-host (21); The Mother (unk.)
The Tree-House:Patricia (little) Kylie (infant)
Others: Pete (10); Belle (unk. fictive)
Raindrops
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Missing Time/Terms?

Postby Una+ » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:38 pm

So are you losing time or is the body zoning out? Is it "someone else there instead of you" or "lights on but nobody home"? If you feel safe enough, you could ask your instructor or supervisor if they notice anything.

Some things I do to stay present at work are take notes, drink water, no multitasking, and put the phone away. I do not chat with anyone by text, ever. It is simply too distracting. I also do not ask anyone to wait while I do something else; it is too easy for me to forget all about them.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.

Is your dx DID (or MPD/DDNOS/OSDD)? Join the 2017 survey: Time to diagnosis?
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 am

Postby Raindrops » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:49 am

Thanks for your reply Una!
It feels like lights out and no one home... I'm not sure how much Lee-Anne is really doing as far as the learning part of training & just checks out leaving me to deal with it. She is more equipped to handle the social aspects than I, although I see myself a bit more mature at times. Our communication hasn't been super clear, we could be treating the body better to be honest. We easily forget things as well, and I guess maybe last night we were both afraid of forgetting what we are trying to get to.

Our workplace is a 'paperless' environment & we have to keep our belongings in a locker, so that means no phone or anything to distract me, but also no notes. We have to listen to presentations and PowerPoints and that's is a huge point when I notice I'm drifting off. When moving around I feel very out of place.
Primary:Illy- adult co-host, original?; Lee-Anne- protector/ co-host (21); The Mother (unk.)
Raindrops
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby dlantern » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Can you ask for notes before the meeting? Can alters repeat as each on as you are able to check in start them with the precedent of repeating what the speaking is saying? Jotting down notes is also helpful....Be gentle without yourself basically you have to make sure you are not trying to verbatim everything even as alters virtually impossible there is only some much you all are going to remember that can be stressing itself that type of expectation. I get problems with alters capturing moments of the speech not wanting to bring it back to recall, like yea know you all share that. It is only so long I'm going to sit and ask for a recall inside might as well ask for it to be reiterated. Training can be tough it can get better though especially if a trusting work environment my ones are great concentration can be like sponges are really helping me it is just a matter of knowing what to focus on when people let us down when it isn't all there..
dlantern
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Postby Raindrops » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:52 am

Hi dlantern, thanks for your reply!
Yes, training has been tough but I really like this company and the people we work with. Hopefully the team in production will be just as great. I am just so worried about not being ready quickly enough for calls, and forgetting important info and upsetting people which makes things much more difficult. Today on the phones was an absolute hot mess.

No paper notes at all, basically nothing with you. Luckily we have a desktop notepad, although I can't exactly type my thoughts into it.
The biggest problem I'm noticing on the phones is when we are on hold waiting to get in touch with someone inside or on the phones for help I have moments of dissociating and completely forget what's going on, even the fact that I'm at work. I don't want us to lose this job over this. I'm also worried about bringing it up to management because our referral is management and is a good friend of our boyfriend. And our boyfriend doesn't know anything about these issues.

I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. :?
Raindrops
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Una+ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:07 pm

You can ask for workplace accommodations without doing a core dump of all your issues.

If I understand your situation, you are doing computer automated call center work and you are having trouble maintaining your task orientation. There is a complex workflow but a lack of visual cues to this workflow. Personally what I would want to do in this situation is to have open a document page showing a flowchart of the work, and if necessary highlight or just lay the cursor on the current step. If even that is not allowed, is there a notes field where you can type reminder keywords to hold your position?

You are not alone. Who isn't familiar with this, as the person calling customer support and getting a rep who is not tracking?
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.

Is your dx DID (or MPD/DDNOS/OSDD)? Join the 2017 survey: Time to diagnosis?
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 am

Postby Raindrops » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Una+ wrote:You can ask for workplace accommodations without doing a core dump of all your issues.

Yes, you're absolutely right Una, I'm just super paranoid about things getting back to my boyfriend. I feel like a jackass for not clueing him in, but I don't even know how to explain it yet.

Una+ wrote:If I understand your situation, you are doing computer automated call center work and you are having trouble maintaining your task orientation. There is a complex workflow but a lack of visual cues to this workflow. Personally what I would want to do in this situation is to have open a document page showing a flowchart of the work, and if necessary highlight or just lay the cursor on the current step. If even that is not allowed, is there a notes field where you can type reminder keywords to hold your position?

You are not alone. Who isn't familiar with this, as the person calling customer support and getting a rep who is not tracking?

Yes, I make reservations for a large hotel chain. It really wouldn't be possible to keep a spreadsheet, there is sooooo much going on on both screens (working with two totally different reservation systems, a phone system, multiple chats to somehow keep up with, hotel web page, Excel sheet with transfer number & a notepad). I just don't want to write too much on my note pad because we are monitored, plus we are supposed to have low handle times. Mine are definitely not that low!

Today was still a bit of a mess, but I tried the trick with keeping the mouse on the next step which did help keep me on track during my calls, thank you!
Raindrops
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post