Our partner

A few questions about switching.

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

A few questions about switching.

Postby Bschul » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:23 am

Say that an alter is out against the hosts wishes. Is there ever a certain part of the body that can be touched that will make the alter stronger and supress the host? I can elaborate if need be.

Is it possible for an alter just to come out for a few seconds while the host is in control. For instance, say one of the alters is a bit sadistic and enjoys other people's pain or misfortune. Say I'm throwing up and my boyfriend is trying to comfort me. I hear him say throwup in a malicious and gleeful way, and then he's back to himself. Is that possible?
Bschul
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: A few questions about switching.

Postby birdsong87 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:34 am

this is just us, ok. so no eternal truth that would fit your friend.

with programmed alters it is possible that certain movements or touch in specific places can cause an alter reaction. the touch works as trigger for the programm.
but touch in itself can trigger all kinds of responses in a traumatized person... so we are not saying there is a programm. its just one of many possible explanations.

we do have those moments when someone slips in just a sentence or comment.
Dx: DID cPTSD
host ; Asti (host 2); and others
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Postby Team78 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 pm

I understand your malicious enjoyment of the moment keeps laughs at a minimal a few seconds to minutes. Can be great in total alone moment. If an introject can get a little more worrisome, say you remind me of an sadistic alter I wanted the host out don't contribute to the problem to the boyfriend. If in healing, if still safe bring up someone to take it until you need to share (ie too much abuse breaking point). If out of therapy, make sure you stop with the complaining because when therapy is over it can make you extremely sensitive among people who don't get it. I wouldn't want you totally going off on everyone until they learn the system. If that is what is needed, then all the way around laugh it off. This usually your best friend marriages close family when it is acceptable to all laugh together at some of the inevitable.
Dx: DID, PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are system of several.....Blog of system map
Team78
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 am

Postby brockovich4321 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:36 am

Yes my alters pop out in this manner.. To me it feels like something I would never say or mean bursts out of my mouth. Sometimes I am unaware of it & other people bring it to my attention.

Example 1:
Was making a report at the police station & felt like the officer didn't believe me (that wasn't the case at all BTW, just how Georgie perceived what was said) she burst out of my body & swiped all objects off the officers desk & became very oppositional. I had to close my eyes & ask the officer to stop talking & explain That logically I understood what was being said & I just needed a moment to calm (Georgie) down.

Example 2:
Someone will be telling me a story about something bad that's happened to them & Rowe burst out laughing. Like she thinks it's joke. Takes a moment to observe that the talker is not laughing & apologize for being insensitive.

Example 3:
We have to "adult" or "parent" and the teens/littles are not in the mood (doesn't happen much anymore since we adults have been giving the kids time to just be kids) one of the littles would burst out immature remarks to the real life kids like "well if you're not going to be nice to me, I'm not going to be your friend anymore".
30yo female, formal Dx DID, aka 'me'..
16 others
brockovich4321
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:24 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post