Our partner

Terrified. Advice?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: Terrified. Advice?

Postby Pixels » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:18 pm

It's not that we really need a diagnosis, but we do desperately need someone to help. Just letting this go and dealing with it ourselves isn't an option. There are several other issues that have gotten constantly worse over many years; most of them just happen to have some relation to this. On top of that, the two alters I really want to get help for are both suicidal and one of them constantly tries to self-harm. On top of that, as the host I'm literally unable to work because my anxiety is so severe. The fact that the people we go to for help keep dropping us and running keeps leaving us in a worse position than we were to begin with.

-Tempo
Ace (22, core), Chrissy (26, protector), R (15), Tempo (17, main host)
Pixels
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Team78 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:02 am

Gotta find a way to not harm or be sucidial. Got children? Family that cares? Religious at all? Go back to being detached for the sake of safety. Ask for inner self helpers gloat on ur achievement accomplishmeets thus far in spite of the condition.
Dx: DID, PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are system of several.....Blog of system map
Team78
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:51 pm

Postby Ada » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:47 am

If it's not intrusive to ask. What reason did she give for cancelling the appointment? And did she say anything about rebooking? It's probably silly. But I'm hoping that there's a chance that an emergency came up for her. And that it's not a permanent "no, she doesn't feel she has the experience to help you."
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Charlie Chaplain in The Great Dictator
Ada
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby Pixels » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:57 am

Sorry for the late response. I lost the login info.

We're single, childless, confused about religion, and keep to ourselves a lot. I have friends but Ace and R don't really show much interest in trying to make friends at all. There are only a few people who even know they exist. I don't think much will stop them if they decide life isn't worth it. It's left almost entirely up to me to keep trying to convince them otherwise.

As for the appointment, there was no reason given for cancelling. It was only afterward that we learned she was only going to be at the location for a few months and had never intended for this to be long-term, even though I went in under the impression that it would be (she gave me absolutely no clues about her job there only being temporary, let alone telling me directly). She also continued insisting on trying to push us off on someone else - whom, when we received their information, turned out to be someone with far fewer qualifications who would definitely not be equipped to help us.

We haven't been seeing anyone else since then. Managing alone is getting more difficult with my anxiety getting worse but I don't think we have much chance of finding someone else who might try to help.

-Tempo
Ace (22, core), Chrissy (26, protector), R (15), Tempo (17, main host)
Pixels
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am

Postby LittleMie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi Tempo - don't know how health care works where you are (we are UK based) but first port of call for us is GP (doctor). If you are anxious and worried about SH then I would go back to Doctors and see if she/he can refer on.

Pixels wrote: I don't think much will stop them if they decide life isn't worth it. It's left almost entirely up to me to keep trying to convince them otherwise.

This sounds exhausting for you Pixel. If things get really bad you need to speak with someone. If you get to see someone don't get bogged down in what you have read or researched just focus on what is happening for you in the here and now the other stuff will come out over time, The most important thing is to keep yourselves safe. ......
LittleMie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (16)

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post