Our partner

alter evidences, goes dormant for 4 months,then fronts again

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

alter evidences, goes dormant for 4 months,then fronts again

Postby hitvibes » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:12 am

(asher writing this)

about four months ago an alter of mine fronted, evidenced himself, then went dormant

ive been losing time lately but frankly i just thought it was one of the littles or xenon or someone fronting and then not texting anybody so they dont even bother changing the display name

but last night they actually texted some people so i guess its him rather than any of my other alters

so now i know a handful of things about him:
-he's bigender? uses both she/her and he/him but im sticking with he and the occasional they for my own convenience here
-theyre an angel, as if we needed another mythical creature in the system
-they have a bunch of kins. so that's. something
-theyre not opposed to talking to people i hate and actually seeked out a girl i dont like and got upset when she eventually ignored him
-theyre needy
-and they like the word buttercream

but my main concerns are

why is he even fronting after being dormant for so long? its an inconvenience. we have to do a lot of packing so its actually xenons time that hes wasting

and he doesn't want me to know his name. he told several people he has delusions that have something to do with why he doesn't want people to know his name, but im sure that he just doesnt want the people to tell me his name. i don't know why he wouldnt want me to know, maybe this is just my paranoia kicking in but im sure that he doesn't want me to know his name for some reason
DID. other stuff as well but the main use of this is for the DID
alters that'll post:
asher
aziel
Asteria

will edit if any other alters show interest in this
hitvibes
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: alter evidences, goes dormant for 4 months,then fronts again

Postby HundredAcreSystem » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:46 am

generally, alters resurfacing happens in response to some kind of trigger. some things that may trigger an alter resurfacing are:
  • an issue they were assigned to deal with has resurfaced, and they've come back to deal with it again
  • someone (inside or outside of your system) wanted them to be around
  • they have an incentive to front, such as the people they were messaging
  • someone in your system was trying to access a skill/memory of theirs, which ended their dormancy
  • they're experiencing emotions which they need to body to process

if she doesn't want her name known, it could be that her name suggests something about her which she doesn't want people knowing. maybe she's an introject of someone people don't like, and worries that they'll have the same opinion of her if they know where she came from. or maybe she's someone you already knew, and wants you to think she's someone different now

if you can talk to him in any way then I recommend it, just be honest about what you're thinking and feeling and hopefully he'll do the same
Selene (host) - 23, any pronouns
Phoenix - 23, she
Arwyn - 45, they
Daniel - 16, he
Xander - 15, he

And more who might post sometimes, hopefully saying who they are
HundredAcreSystem
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm

Postby HundredAcreSystem » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:51 am

looks like the person you're talking about made a post on this forum too: dissociative-identity/topic183160.html

to me it seems like he doesn't want to reveal his name because he's not very comfortable with who he is, and he probably feels like telling people his name will give them power to persecute him. just be kind and friendly, and don't expect/pressure him into anything. he'll probably trust you eventually if you keep that up =)
Selene (host) - 23, any pronouns
Phoenix - 23, she
Arwyn - 45, they
Daniel - 16, he
Xander - 15, he

And more who might post sometimes, hopefully saying who they are
HundredAcreSystem
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm

Postby hitvibes » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:51 am

actually.. i do think i may have triggered the end of his dormancy, now that i think about it?

i have been trying to remember $#%^ about the bodies former step father, but i don't remember anything and none of my alters have admitted to knowing anything about him except hestis but even then they don't have all of the memories

so maybe they have memories of the bodies ex stepfather?

but the name thing is really bothering me

i get them being shy or whatever but

the concept just annoys me. i hate being left in the dark, especially when it comes to my alters, because how can i protect them if i don't even know who they are, what they do, why theyre even here, etc
DID. other stuff as well but the main use of this is for the DID
alters that'll post:
asher
aziel
Asteria

will edit if any other alters show interest in this
hitvibes
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum